- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||York OmniMech Y1 Facility|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Armor||Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||York Y2-Com|
|Targeting Tracking System||York Y-2 T&T|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
With the rise of the OmniMech in 2854, the Blood Spirits simply assumed their perennial lack of resources would prevent them from either successfully bargaining for or fighting to secure this superior technology. The Blood Spirits were thus surprised when Clan Fire Mandrill's Kindraa Smythe-Jewell offered them OmniMech technology in exchange for territory on Foster.  Now both able and eager to design their own OmniMech, the Blood Spirit scientists got their chance when Clan Ghost Bear phased out it's OmniMech Prototype A in favor of the Mad Dog, the Spirits successfully winning the Bear prototype in a Trial of Possession. This would be developed to its fullest and christened with a new name - the Stooping Hawk.
Very much an anomaly in the small and traditionally frugal Blood Spirit's touman, the Stooping Hawk's use of advanced construction materials and expensive weaponry and electronics they generally considered excessive resulted in the Spirit Khans regularly reviewing the 'Mech's performance to determine if the results continued to the justify the cost. The fact the Stooping Hawk remained in service with Clan Blood Spirit until their Annihilation was a testament to its performance on the battlefield. Operating from a similar position of weakness as the Spirits, the newly formed Clan Stone Lion would seek out and capture the production facility for the Stooping Hawk to ensure ready access to the low-cost and sturdy design for its rebuilding touman.
Weapons and Equipment
Despite Khan Ceana Boques's demand for a low-cost and rugged design, the Blood Spirit scientist caste built the Stooping Hawk around a more expensive York YT Endo Steel frame and Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous armor to enhance Pod Space, but even they did not dare attempt the inclusion of an Extra-Light Engine recognizing that this would be a step too far. While not as affordable as the Spirit's would have preferred, the Stooping Hawk is a sturdy 'Mech with twenty-one and a half tons pod space and a ground speed maxing out at 86kph.
The Stooping Hawk's primary configuration uses jump jets to vault up to 150 meters at a time. Its main gun is an Ultra Autocannon/10 that has enough rounds to keep it supplied throughout a traditional Trial. It is supported by four medium lasers, two extended range versions, and two pulses. The medium-range weaponry allows the 'Mech to excel at Trials where it can use cover (and its jumping ability) to its advantage.
- Alt. Config. A
- A direct-fire support variant, the A uses a pair of ER PPCs. It retains the jump jets of the primary configuration to aid in finding a spot to snipe from. The variant also mounts seven additional double heat sinks to keep the heat buildup controlled. BV (1.0) = 2,333, BV (2.0) = 2,319
- Alt. Config. B
- The B configuration is a missile boat that is capable of delivering forty-five long-range missiles through its three LRM-15 launchers, each of which is aided by an Artemis IV FCS. Four tons of ammunition keep it well-supplied, while a single ER Large Laser keeps it in the fight should ammunition run out. BV (1.0) = 1,709, BV (2.0) = 2,111
- Alt. Config. C
- The Stooping Hawk C comes equipped with two ER Large Lasers and two ER Medium Lasers, all of which are guided by an advanced Targeting Computer. It also uses jump jets to vault up to 150 meters, like the A, and it makes use of seven additional double heat sinks, like the A. BV (1.0) = 2,286, BV (2.0) = 2,435
- Alt. Config. D
- The newest variant uses heavy laser technology captured from Clan Star Adder. This all-energy variant uses an ER Large Laser, two ER Medium Lasers, and an ER Small Laser, but its punch comes from three Heavy Medium Lasers. In order to combat the massive heat buildup this design can produce, twelve double heat sinks are added. BV (1.0) = 1,639, BV (2.0) = 1,838
- Alt. Config. E
- This bulk of this configuration's weight is taken up by an LB 10-X AC with two tons of ammunition. It is supplemented by two ER Medium Lasers and the new ATM technology, utilizing three ATM-3s with three tons of ammo between the three launchers. BV (1.0) = 1,525, BV (2.0) = 1,674
- Alt. Config. F
- Introduced during the Jihad, this configuration was design for close-in fighting. Principally geared toward usage of energy weapons, it includes; pair of Heavy Medium Lasers & Medium Pulse Lasers, Heavy Small Lasers, and a Streak SRM 4 Launcher. Also, to enhanced its infighting abilities, its has been given eight Improved Jump Jets. Two additional Double Heat Sinks have been added to help 'Mech to cope with the additional heat. BV (2.0) = 1,988
- Alt. Config. G
- Also introduced during the Jihad, this configuration includes Advanced Technologies developed for ProtoMechs. The 'Mech includes three torso mounted Class 4 ProtoMech Autocannons, with 2 tons of ammunition split between two torsos. Pair of ER Medium Lasers have been in each of the arm actuators. Two extra Double Heat Sinks been provided for this configuration. BV (2.0) = 1,657
- Prototype A/Sun Bear - The Stooping Hawk was developed from a captured Sun Bear prototype built by Clan Ghost Bear.
In German products the unit's proper Clan name was perfectly translated to Sturzfalke.
Original Stooping Hawk from TRO:3060
- MUL online date for the Stooping Hawk
- Combat Operations, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 240
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 162-163, "Stooping Hawk 'Mech Profile"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 24
- The Wars of Reaving: Supplemental, p.16 "Tactics of War - Clan Stone Lion"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 241
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 242
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 243
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 244
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 98
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 245
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 246 - Jihad era's F Config of the Stooping Hawk.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 247 - ProtoMech AC configuration for the Stooping Hawk.
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 24