- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Coventry Metal Works|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||MatherTech 750 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Lexington Ltd. Medium Grade with CASE.|
|Engine||GM 210 XL|
|Communications System||Cyclops 12|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cyclops 9|
|Speed||97 km/h (129 km/h with MASC)|
Designed by Defiance Industries, the Storm Raider was intended to be an alternative to the Hollander light 'Mech. Unfortunately for Defiance, the Storm Raider was fifty years too late for the market, and the various prototypes were poorly received - so poorly received, in fact, that Defiance licensed all of the designs to Coventry Metal Works.
Coventry Metal Works was manufacturing four different variants of the Storm Raider on Coventry by 3145, intended for use in urban defense roles or for small-scale surgical strikes, but the Storm Raider was a poor performer in both roles, outgunned by contemporaries and slower than most. Despite that, the Storm Raider proved an able fighter in the arenas at Solaris VII, where it became a fan favourite.
Equipped with MASC and powered by a GM 210 extra-light fusion engine, the Storm Raider could reach speeds of almost 130 kilometers per hour in brief bursts, and was protected by seven tons of Lexington Ltd. Medium Grade standard armor with CASE protecting the ammunition carried aboard.
Weapons and Equipment
The Storm Raider carried two weapons, both of which were capable of being jettisoned, and both of which were mounted onto the Storm Raider using the Coventry Cast Off system, a modular weapons system that allowed the weapons to be quickly replaced in the field and jettisoned in combat without posing a risk to the MechWarrior. The Storm Raider mounted a Mace on the right arm and a Thor 40mm Rotary Class 2 Autocannon on the left arm, fed by a single ton of ammunition in the left torso.
- First designed by Defiance Industries of Hesperus II, and produced by both Defiance and Coventry Metals in the late 3090s. The 'Mech was designed as a close quarter melee machine and premiered in Solaris VII's arena matches. Its weapons configuration was modified on a customer by customer basis. The 'Mech was later seen in action on the battlefield after the crash of the HPG Network of 3132. The -M3 was armed with a single left arm mounted Defiance Disintegrator Ultra AC/5, while its right arm permanently grasps its signature Mace. This design was introduced by Wizkids as part of their MechWarrior: Dark Age collectible miniatures game during its "Falcon's Prey" game release. As of this writing the only stats for this 'Mech are seen in various dossiers published by WizKids. As of this time, no canon Battletech Record Sheets exist for this design.
The Storm Raider is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 30-31, "Storm Raider"
- online date for the Storm Raider
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 301
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 85, "Storm Raider STM-R1"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 299
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 86, "Storm Raider STM-R2"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 300
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 87, "Storm Raider STM-R4"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 302
- MWDA Dragon's Fury Dossier: Cyril Schielka