- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Strix Stealth VTOL|
|Manufacturer|| Wayne Station|
|Mission|| Scout |
|Communications System||Build 1685/8 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 4 CAT TTS with Advanced Targeting Computer and Watchdog CEWS|
The Strix was a gift from displaced former Clan Nova Cat refugees who left the Draconis Combine after the Second Combine-Dominion War and settled on the various worlds in the Republic of the Sphere. In 3117, four handcrafted prototypes were presented to RAF's Second Triarii Protectors by Technician Pádraig of Nova Cat enclave on Shitara, who made them as thanks for settling his people in the Republic of the Sphere. The 2nd Triarii conducted test trials with the vehicles to see if they would make a suitable addition to the Republic's arsenal.
After successful test trials, StarCorps Industries was granted the license to produce the Strix on Terra in 3118. After the vehicle was accepted into production, the Strix would be used exclusively within the Republic, deployed with Republic's special ops units such as Black Torrent and the Republic Special Scouts. Initially, the Federated Suns was granted access to the design. Later, after the collapse of the HPG network in 3132, the design would be spread across the Inner Sphere as the Republic's outer territories fell to invaders.
The Strix's creation also helped to paved the way for the Republic to update its commercial companies to use Clan grade technology and create further advanced units, such as the Doloire OmniMech to be made possible in later years. 
Weapons and Equipment
The Strix is the product of a mixture of Clan construction with some components that are Inner Sphere in origin. Powered by a conventional Fusion Engine, the vehicle is able to reach flank speeds of 110kph, however the VTOL Jet Booster can help the vehicle reach speeds in excess of 140kph, at least for short periods of time. This gives the edge to crew who need to evade and keep a keen eye on a mission objective and helps them stay out of the reach of enemy units that are trying to eliminate them. While not the best protected among vehicles of its weight class, the Strix has 4 tons of Inner Sphere made Stealth Armor, giving it protection from medium to long range attacks while giving modest protection from damage. Additionally, ammunition for the vehicle is protected by CASE in the main fuselage. Helping to identify enemy units, the craft is fitted with a Watchdog Combined Electronic Warfare System, which gives it Clan-grade detection and electronic jamming capabilities few Inner Sphere units can match.
The Strix's main long-range firepower comes in the form of a single forward mounted Class-2 Ultra Autocannon, with a single ton of ammunition. While in-close range combat, the Strix relies on two Extended-Range Small Lasers which are mounted in the vehicle's Chin Turret. A Targeting Computer is mated with the weapons, granting the VTOL improved accuracy, especially when its crew needs to move the vehicle quickly.
The Strix is subject to the following Design Quirks;
The Alpha Strike Data Card for the Strix's notes the unit is a Scout that has 22 point value. It noted with MV18, with special abilities; ATMO, ECM, LPRB, RCN, STL, TUR(2,2,0*), WAT
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, pp. 9, 23 Strix Stealth VTOL - "Battle Value 2 - from Background info and Record Sheet."
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 51 Stirx - BV2
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 51 - Expanded Strix background from 3150.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, pp. 9, 23 Strix Stealth VTOL - "Background information. Including when the vehicle was placed into production and by who."
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, pp. 9, 23 Strix Stealth VTOL - "Stats and Mechanical information."
- MUL Profile for the Strix - Alpha Strike Data Card and its associated info.