|StrongArm ConstructionMech MOD|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Hughes IndusWeave industrial armor|
|Engine||Skobel 140 ICE|
|Communications System||SineWave 5000|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
|Heat Sinks||1 single heat sink|
The StrongArm ConstructionMech, introduced in 3094 and built on the foundation of Sitwell Corporation's prior Powerman, is an affordable piece of construction equipment. Avoiding a repeat of Bluth Corporation's lawsuits against the Powerman, the StrongArm is designed to complement, rather than compete with, Bluth's common Carbine ConstructionMech, carrying equipment to work alongside the Carbine's backhoe.
Due to the StrongArm's low price and the ease with which it can be modified, a refit kit spread widely through the Republic of the Sphere. This refit, manufactured by an anonymous designer, is among the least effective IndustrialMech MODs available. Despite its ineffectiveness, the StrongArm MOD is also among the most common militarized IndustrialMechs. The MOD even comes with a user manual, the Brainless Guide to Piloting® the StrongArm MOD, which gives little advice.
Weapons and Equipment
The SC CV-M StrongArm MOD is not heavily armored, using commercially available industrial armor. It isn't heavily armed either, with its primary weapon being a heavy flamer that is particularly poorly integrated, exposing the weapon linkage to weapons fire. Not only is no targeting system is included, but the inaccurate heavy flamer's heat is barely managed by one single heat sink. This lack of effective armor and safe, accurate weaponry leaves the 'Mech largely unsuccessful on the battlefield.
- SC CV
- A variant of the original StrongArm carries two lift hoists and space for half a ton of cargo. BV (2.0) = 315.
- SC CVI
- Another variant of the original StrongArm carries one lift hoist and one salvage arm, and space for half a ton of cargo. BV (2.0) = 315
The SC CV-M StrongArm MOD is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- The StrongArm was originally introduced by WizKids in the MechWarrior: Dark Age Collectable Miniatures Game, where it was only known by the name ConstructionMech Mk II. The publication of Technical Readout: Irregulars gave it BattleTech stats and its new name.
- ↑ Master Unit Listing for the SC CV-M
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Technical Readout: Irregulars, pp. 38–39: "StrongArm ConstructionMech MOD"
- ↑ Master Unit Listing for the SC CV
- ↑ Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 102: "StrongArm SC CV ConstructionMech"
- ↑ Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 104: "StrongArm SC CVI ConstructionMech"