- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
When Sundermann became Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation, he organized many of the societal changes that would eventually develop into the caste system used by the Confederation. He also believed that every citizen should contribute to the state as best they could based on their skills, talents, and education. Sundermann also began the policy of moving citizens around the Confederation to make the best use of their skills. If there was a surplus of teachers in Commonality A while Commonality B needed teachers, then the surplus teachers from Commonality A were moved into Commonality B. The upheaval this caused in the lives of the teachers was irrelevant, because they were helping the state immediately rather than forcing the state to wait until new teachers were ready.
The Capellan citizens were angry at this loss of control over their lives. Many were filled with anger and resentment if they had to move away from everything they had ever known to serve the state. Sundermann created the position of Refrector to give the citizens a way to vent their anger without harming the state.
|Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation
| Succeeded by|
- House Liao Sourcebook - Liao Family Tree
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 21
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 22