Self-Propelled Support Particle Cannon
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Support PPC (Motorized)|
|Type||Direct Fire, Energy|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||2470 TH|
|Year Introduced||2470 TH|
|Availability Rating||Age of War–Star League = D|
|Legality Rating||A - F|
|Space Slots||5 Crew|
|Ammo Per Ton||150 shots per 25 kg|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||75 c-bills per 25 kg|
First developed in 2470 by the Terran Hegemony the Support Particle Cannon (sometimes known by Semi-Portable Particle Cannon, an alternate name it shares with the Man-Pack PPC). When it was first deployed, it required a crew of roughly 10 (the gunner and around 9 assistant gunners.) By the time of the clan invasion it was replaced with 5 crew model for use with Motorized and Mechanized Infantry Forces.
Despite its good anti-vehicle damage, its high crew requirement ensures that this weapon is not used as any foot infantry unit's long-term primary weapon. It is most often found mounted on vehicles or placed in firing positions, or on fortifications. .
- TechManual, p. 301
- TechManual, p. 358
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, p.100 Support PPC Power Pack 1,500 points, 25 kg, 75 C-bill
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, p.44 Support PPC 10 points per shot
- TechManual, p. 297
- TechManual, p. 319
- MechWarrior Companion, p. ??
- Technical Readout: 3026, p. ??