- Community Outreach - Pajama Boy Talks About Making Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves
- MechWarrior 5 Mod Editor Has Been Released
- Community Outreach - CJF Dolgfer Roshak And Lego BattleTech
- Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves, Releases Demo
- All I Want For Christmas Is My Whitworth In MechWarrior 5
- Read more →
|Parents|| Redjack Ryan (father)|
Maria Morgraine (mother)
|Siblings||Kenny Ryan (half-brother)|
Susie Ryan was a pirate "princess" and pirate leader of the 31th century, in the Periphery.
Susie Morgraine-Ryan, dubbed "One-Eye", because she wears a patch to cover a lost eye, was the only daughter and legitimate heir of the king pirates Redjack Ryan and Maria Morgraine, the kings of the pirate kingdom Greater Valkyrate. She, the future queen of the Valkyrate, soon exceed both his parents as a capable, cruel and ruthless leader. After taking the command of the Third Battalion of Ryan's Rebels at a young age, she quickly built a reputation as a brutal fighter, leading the Third in countless raids, enjoying a unbroken record of success... until the Clan Invasion.
The Clans arrival on 3049 had devastating consequences for the Valkyrate: in a very few battles, Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon shattered the Rebels First Battalion on The Rock, and later, the last clan assaulted Valkyrate's capital, catching Susie and his battalion off guard.
However, after realizing that the enemy troops were vastly superior to them, Susie managed to retreat their unit with light losses, thanks to the fact the Falcons don't take the pirates seriously. Thanks to that, and the sacrifice of Maria Morgraine and a few of his MechWarriors, they win enough time to let Susie and his men escaping to the planet. Susie and two companies of the rebels fleed deeper into the Periphery, away of the Clan invasion corridors. 
The Belt Pirates group, based in Star's End, began raiding Clan occupied planets. His leader, Morgan Fletcher II, after Susie and his men settled in Star's End too, agreed to unite in raiding Clan space, giving birth to the New Belt Pirates pirate group. And her people must have had some success, as they managed to capture at least a lance full of Clan OmniMechs fully operative.
Mission to Kore
Somehow, Susie learned about the existance of a Clan Steel Viper supplies cache hidden on the ice planet of Kore, and forged a plan to take both. The planet had been retaken, years ago, by the mercenary group Storm Riders, working for the company owning Kore, Alfin Corporation.
Despite the fact the Riders only had a lance of BattleMechs medium and light on Kore, Susie don't take any chances: her people managed to capture the DropShip Tammuz, carrying supplies on Kore, and board it with his lance of clan OmniMechs, Susie's Mad Cat, a Puma, an Uller and a Fenris (painted as a Clan Jade Falcon 'Mechs to keep the Pirates identity in secret) and a unknown number of infantry.
The 11 of April 3060, the pirate force landed on Kore, and the attack was a total surprisa: The lance of Riders was on the landing site, awaiting for helping unload the Tammuz, were prey of the DropShip weapons and the lance of OmniMechs. Two of the Rider's Mechs were downed in no time, their pilots killed. Susie in person executed the lieutenant commanding the lance, with a Centurion. The other two Mechs attempted to escape to give the alarm, but they cannot: one of them, with a Panther BattleMech, was damaged and surrendered. The other, with a light Thorn continued escaping, with the Puma behind.
The Thorn's pilot, a young native named Sturm Kintaro, didn't go too far: he ambushed the Puma in the mountains, trapping him, but the Uller attacking for the back. Sturm managed to eject before his 'Mech blowns, but the pirates don't find his body.
The Rider's base fell easily under the pirate attack, and Susie interrogated the captured Panther pilot. He, named Lon Volker, identified her immediately. He was a young Kore native, ambitious, and was extremely cooperative, wanting to leave the planet more than nothing else.
The next target of the pirates was Niffelheim, the only city on Kore. Without mechs or armour, the Riders infantry cannot even slow the pirates, and the city fell quickly.
The next day. Susie interrogated the geologist Hidoshi Kintaro, Sturm's father, forcing him to help their forces to locate the Vipers Cache.
Not too much after, two misterious OmniMech with Steel Vipers markings began attacking the Pirates searching the cache. In the first attack, he killed the Uller's pilot, but their next attacks weren't so successful. Frustrated, Susie suspected the "Ghost of Winter", name the locals give to the attacker, after a legend of a Viper ghost Mech, was Sturm Kintaro, who had found the cache. She interrogated Volker, and later sleep with him.
The same day, the Ghost attacked the pirate's base, freeing all the Rider's prisioners, including Volker. The pilot was really Sturm, and guided the freed prisioners to the Viper's cache.
Days later, the pirate's search of the evaded was a failure, and Susie broadcast a message to Sturm, ordering him to surrender their base or she will execute Sturm's father. The boy infiltrated alone on the pirate base... but it was a trap, and was captured.
Susie was amused for Sturm's defiance. Even when she informed her than the Viper's cache had a HPG, who had send a message to the Vipers after he got inside, wasn't impressed. But before she can interrogate the boy, informed her than she know already the cache's location and left.
Soon later, the pirates trapped all the Riders with Mechs in open ground: Lon Volker had join the pirates, betraying the Riders. But the young MechWarriors refused to surrender, putting on a fight.
However, the pirate's victory appears assured, when Sturm Kintaro, with his Goshawk BattleMech, arrived. He had managed to escape the base and recover his Mech.
Sturm, with his father's help, located a magma pocket on the mountains, and shoot it with his weapons. The magma flow, burning badly Volker's BattleMech, and heavily damaging Susie's Mad Cat. Now undergunned, she agreed to cease the fight.
The pirates left Kore aboard the Tammuz, with their three remaining OmniMechs... and Lon Volker. Despite being badly burned, he was alive, and Susie planned to turn him into a living weapon, one she planned to use to make Sturm pay for the defeat.
After returning to Star's End, Susie resumed the raids against clan space. Despite their continued successes, by 3064 both pirate leaders began questioning the wisdom of their partnership, as both began looking for ways to eliminate the other. Morgraine-Ryan, in particular, began launching independent raids against the Clans. Fletcher, for her part, soon began to have private dealings with the Word of Blake, who were cultivating contacts with pirate kings throughout the Periphery.
Facing the Wolves
In April 3064, Clan Wolf's Omega Galaxy finally launched a direct attack on the New Belt Pirates at Novo Cressidas on Star's End. The Wolves faced intense resistance both in orbit and on the ground, as the Loping Wolf, a Union-C-class DropShip was destroyed before making planet-fall. By all accounts, the pirates gave a good accounting of themselves, taking full advantage of their knowledge of the terrain to cost the Wolves up to a Cluster worth of troops, though they reportedly lost twenty 'Mechs in the process, along with much of their infantry. The New Belt Pirates were forced to abandon their main base, withdrawing into the local caverns. Satisfied with the damage they had inflicted and weary of further ambushes, the Wolves did not pursue them.
Although they survived the Wolves' attack, the heavy losses led to irreperable divisions between Fletcher and Morgraine-Ryan. In 3066, Morgraine-Ryan, holding Fletcher responsible for the crackdown by the Wolf Clan, finally ousted the other pirate in an action that cost the New Belt Pirates another company. Susie Morgraine-Ryan now had sole command of the New Belt Pirates. The bandits now went to ground, keeping a low profile as they attempted to recover their strength. At this time, the New Belt Pirates were at 60 percent strength of their two battalions, with a veteran rating and fanatically loyalty to Morgraine-Ryan. One noteworthy member of the pirate band was Jason "The Clyde" Marshall, a company commander and Venom pilot who had previously supported Fletcher and had survived her fall from power, but whose own future was now in doubt.
During the early Jihad, Clans Hell's Horses and Ice Hellion were in perpetual conflict in the rimward Periphery. The New Belt Pirates attempted to take advantage of the chaos in a new series of raids against the Horses. Though they were initially distracted by the Hellions and the Wolves, Khan James Cobb never forgot about the New Belt Pirates, and in 3074 he sent Beta Galaxy to deal with the bandits once and for all. Although their asteroid field had long since proved an impressive defense against incoming DropShips, against crack Clan ProtoMechs and Elementals, they proved easier game. Realizing her vaunter orbital defenses were on the verge of failing, Morgraine-Ryan attempted to make a run for it. This led to a complete collapse of the New Belt Pirates' defenses, as the Horses secured the shipyards and Star's End.
On Kore, she piloted a Clan Omnimech Mad Cat. It is unknown what machine piloted before capturing it.
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition (Sourcebook) p. 82
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition (Sourcebook) p. 82
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition (Sourcebook) p. 82
- Ghosts of Winter p. 66
- Ghosts of Winter p. 75
- Ghosts of Winter p. 128
- Ghosts of Winter p. 149
- Ghosts of Winter p. 214
- Ghosts of Winter p. 217
- Ghosts of Winter p. 254
- Ghosts of Winter p. 257
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 129, "New Belt Pirates: Harassing the Clans", division within the New Belt Pirates
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 129, "New Belt Pirates: Harassing the Clans", Morgraine-Ryan's actions lead to tensions with Fletcher
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 199, "New Belt Pirates", Morgan Fletcher makes connections with the Word of Blake
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 199, "New Belt Pirates", Clan Wolf sends a full Galaxy on a pirate-hunting mission, destroying one battalion of New Belt Pirates
- The Price of Conviction, pp. 17-20, Omega Galaxy assaults the New Belt Pirates at Star's End
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 144, "Star's End (Novo Cressidas)", Vlad Ward sends a full Galaxy to deal with the New Belt Pirates
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 144, "Star's End (Novo Cressidas)", Omega Galaxy fails to destroy the New Belt Pirates
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 199, "New Belt Pirates", Morgraine-Ryan blamed Fletcher for drawing the Wolves upon them, despite her own raids
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 199, "New Belt Pirates", Morgraine-Ryan ousts Fletcher as leader of the New Belt Pirates
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 11, "Pirates", Morgraine-Ryan takes sole command of the New Belt Pirates, blaming Morgan Fletcher for the losses to Clan Wolf
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 144, "Star's End (Novo Cressidas)", the divisions between Fletcher and Morgraine-Ryan prove fatal
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 199, "New Belt Pirates", Morgraine-Ryan and her forces went to ground to recover and plan revenge
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 204, "Periphery TO&E: Pirates", the New Belt Pirates composition in 3067
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 26, "Notable MechWarriors", Jason Marshall is a member of the New Belt Pirates
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 144, "Star's End (Novo Cressidas)", the New Belt Pirates interfere with Clan Hell's Horses, are destroyed in turn in 3074
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 17, "Pirate Forces", the New Belt Pirates are confirmed destroyed