- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Swallow Attack WiGE|
|Mission|| Close-In Fire-Support |
|Armor||ArcShield Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Omni 200 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||Nashan Optichat|
|Targeting Tracking System||T-800 Series 7|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,283|
The Swallow Attack WiGE is a medium-sized Wing-in-Ground-Effect Combat Vehicle, which was originally intended for use by the Armed Forces of House Steiner. Originally produced in 3092, the vehicle would be redefined with more Lyran-centric weaponry in 3095. This change would allow it to become more popular for its intended market. The Swallow would be exported throughout the Inner Sphere to various forces, with exceptions of House Kurita and House Liao.
The Swallow development stemmed from Nashan Diversified's earlier Fensalir, which was deemed too slow. Engineers would choose to use the old Sturmvogel maritime patrol WiGE as the basis of what would become the Swallow.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed to operate from both land and sea, the vehicle is fitted with a Flotation Hull, allowing it to land on water. The swift craft is powered by a 200-Rated Omni Extra-Light Fusion Engine, giving it a maximum speed of 118 kph. Its hull is protected by 7.5 tons of ArcShield Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor, which is generally focused in the front of the craft.
The Swallow's signature weapon is its Defiance Disintegrator LB 20-X Class Autocannon, which has a 3 ton ammo bay capacity. Backing up this big gun is a pair of BlazeFire Longshot Extended Range Medium Lasers, both of which are also mounted in the front.
- Swallow Attack WiGE (Original)
- The aforementioned original design, introduced in 3092, this Swallow's armaments differ from its later standard model. The weapons configuration proved to be unpopular with Lyran Armed Forces. However, despite it being replaced in '95 by the now Standard model, this version of the Swallow continues production as an export model. It is armed with a nose-mounted Class 5 Rotary Autocannon with sixty rounds of ammunition, while also backed up with a Snub-Nose PPC. As with the later Standard model, it too was equipped with a flotation hull. BV(2.0)=1,408
Within the German-speaking Lyran Commonwealth, the vehicle would also be referred to as the Schwalbe.
- Swallow Attack WiGE MUL profile, which includes BV2 & introduction year.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 14-15 & 70 Swallow Attack WiGE - BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 284
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 14 Swallow Attack WIGE - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 14 & 69 Swallow Attack WIGE - Original Swallow's stats and BV2.
- MUL's Swallow Attack WiGE profile which includes BV2 & introduction year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 283