- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
In mid-3025, a full scale rebellion broke out on Verthandi against the ruling Draconis Combine government. In the first month of the rebellion, rebel forces led by Frances Marrion disguised themselves as stevedores at Port Gaspin. When the Combine forces docked the Vengeance, a Monitor class surface vessel, to take on supplies, the rebels overpowered the crew and took control of the vessel.
Frances renamed the ship Swamp Fox and for the next four months raided Combine installations throughout the Silvan Basin. Soon the rebels had almost complete control of the area.
To put down the rebellion on Verthandi, the Combine sent in massive reinforcements. Their prime target was the destruction of the Swamp Fox. The Combine forces lured the rebels in with a supply depot stationed near the river. When the Swamp Fox moved in to attack, four BattleMechs that had been underwater emerged to engage the ship. Despite a valiant resistance, that destroyed two Combine Marauders and crippled a Shadow Hawk, the Swamp Fox was sunk and her crew killed.
- Technical Readout: 3026, Revised Edition, p. 72, "Deployment"