Sword of Enlightenment
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Sword of Enlightenment|
One of many WarShips to be disabled and abandoned or lost during the Star League era or the early Succession Wars, the Carson-class destroyer later known as the Sword of Promise was one of a number of ships recovered by the Word of Blake from sites around the Inner Sphere such as the Ruins of Gabriel and restored to working order in secret.
The WoBS Sword of Enlightenment was one of two Carson-class destroyers to serve in the Blakist fleet at the height of its power, serving alongside her sister ship WoBS Sword of Promise. The Sword of Enlightenment outlived her sister ship, and was finally destroyed in action in 3078 when coalition forces assembled by Devlin Stone assaulted Terra as a part of Operation SCOUR, the campaign to liberate the Word of Blake Protectorate. The Sword of Enlightenment was one of a dozen Blakist WarShips to be destroyed during the battles in the system.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Word of Blake Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 90, "Naval Assets and Militia Divisions"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Original Word Of Blake Fleet"