Talk:1st Davion Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
Talk: 1st Battalion (moved here)
I think this article should be merged with either 1st Davion Guards or MechCommander (Video Game) but I am not entirely sure how much of it is canon since I am not very up on my Davion history. --Dmon 10:47, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
- The 1st Davion Guards, 1st Battalion as I know is not a actual notable canon unit other than a designation for a battalion in the Guard. Since its from the videogame, i would considered it suspect unless there are actual canon sources book backing it. -- Wrangler 11:04, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
- Guys, remember Policy:Canon: we don't determine canonicity. If its licensed (and video games are), it fits here. Let the reader decide if he considers it personally canon. If the unit is properly cited, then the reader can make that decision for himself. Otherwise, we'll be bringing flame and edit wars to BTW. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 20:00, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
I am the creator of this article. 1st Battalion is a canon unit, not just appearing in a PC game that was made by FASA, but also appeared in an article that was once on the Official Classic BattleTech website. The original article has been since moved here: []; look under Wave One: The Katana Falls. LordPestilence 03:28, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- I trust your judgement about canonicity. However, why give this background in a separate entry?
- Many units in the BattleTech Universe have a 1st battalion, so what makes this one unique? I agree with Dmon, Wrangler, Revanche, and Scailtail, this article should be merged with the 1st Davion Guards. Please don't be offended - I like the material, I just would not give it a separate entry.--S.gage 19:30, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- First, LordPestilence, thank you for taking the time to add this information. Please understand that we are not going to get rid of this info. What your fellow editors are trying to do is figure out the best place for it. As S.gage said, there are hundreds if not thousands of "1st Battalions". That is what I mean when I say the title of this article is too generic. Even though only the 1st Battalion of the 1st Guards participated in this one attack, that fight is still part of the history of the 1st Guards, so I think it should be included in that article.
- The only other option I see would be to move the article to "1st Battalion (1st Davion Guards)", but then I don't think it will see much use. I think the better option is to merge it, which is why I support that. --Scaletail 01:35, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- I add my voice to wanting to see this material as part of the First Davion Guards Article. Alkemita 23:37, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
Mech Commander Info...
Should this really be treated as canon? ClanWolverine101 15:20, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- According to the Canon page, MechCommander and MechCommander 2 are not considered canon. LordPestilence 07:20, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
Some help needed...
Does anyone have the reference stating the 1st Davion Guards were mostly responsible for the capture of Port Arthur? It might be in The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, I think. LordPestilence 07:20, 16 January 2011 (UTC)