Talk:3rd Bear Striker (Clan Ghost Bear)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
Delta or Beta Galaxy?
Ghost Bear's Lament heavily implies that the 3rd Bear Striker was part of Beta Galaxy, to the point of travelling with the Black Lion-class Bear's Den that belongs to Beta. This article claims that they belong to Delta Galaxy instead. I can't verify the quoted references at this time as I'm away from my books. Can someone please check if the article is in error, or if we have a case conflicting information from the source material? Frabby (talk) 05:04, 29 October 2012 (PDT)
- I believe figured it out, I suspect claim it belongs to Delta is because the 73rd Battle Cluster was according to FM: Warden Clans supposedly formed from survivors of the 3rd Bear Striker and it belongs to Delta. Invading Clans doesn't mention who the cluster lost to the accident was, and we appear to have two sources (FM: Warden Clans and ER:3052) indicating the survivors of the unit were used to bolstier two entirely different units. I've tweaked the article a little, but more extensive re-work from me will have to wait. Cyc (talk) 13:05, 29 October 2012 (PDT)
- There's one more interesting tidbit in Ghost Bear's Lament part II: Richard Bekker was transferred to the 7th Bear Guard which was wiped out to a man - but he survived. When questioned, he explains that the surviving members of the 3rd Bear Striker were technically never transferred from the unit to honor the dead; they were "attached members" to their new units. This muddies the waters further.
- Anyways, if there's no source spelling out the 3rd Bear Striker was a Delta Galaxy formation then that was just a qualified assumption that proved false; we have a canonical source saying they belonged to Beta. Frabby (talk) 01:48, 30 October 2012 (PDT)