- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
- Excerpt one
- . . . The 'Mech carries an Irian Weapons Works V7 LRM 15 launcher which gives it long range… capabilities.
Nothing wrong there, accurate to my knowledge.
- Excerpt two
- This is backed up by [a]… LB-X Autocannon/10 and a[n]… ER Large Laser which give the 'Mech… long-range punch.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't a LB-X AC/10 a medium range(ish) weapon? How does it work with the LRM and the ER LL to give the 'Mech a 'long-range punch'?
- Excerpt three
- The 'Mech carries a… Large Pulse Laser which allows the 'Mech to engage… at the edge of the medium to long-range envelope.
Isn't 'around here' where the LB-X AC/10 should be mentioned?
--Xoid 06:58, 17 November 2006 (CST)
- Hi Xoid, I noticed that there was no response to this so thought I would answer a couple of questions.
- The LB-X AC/10 has the same range as a standard PPC, considered to be a long range weapon. It's range brackets are 1-6, 7-12, 13-18. This is only 1 hex shorter than the ER Large Laser.
- The Large Pulse Laser, on the other hand, has a much shorter range with bands of 1-3, 4-7, 8-10. This is marginally langer than a medium laser, so I would classify this as a medium to short range weapon.
- Hope this clears a couple of things up and keep questioning things. It's the best way to make these articles better. :) --Jimmy the Tulip 14:46, 20 November 2006 (CST)
- Really? o_0 (Just goes to show; don't trust the video games.) Thanks for the help Jimmy. --Xoid 15:50, 20 November 2006 (CST)