- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
There are no co-ordinates for this planet. In The Periphery (1692 - Copyright FASA 1996), the map of The Marian Hegemony, clearly shows Alphard as being between Niops and Addhara/Stafford/Suetonius. I noted however that The Periphery (1629 - Copyright FASA 1988) did not include Alphard as part of the Marian Hegemony map, and that the map matched the number of planets (8 on Page 146 - Mapped stars: Addhara, Stafford, Suetonius, Pompey, Baccealieu [Note: this is the spelling on the map in this version, however the e was dropped in the later version], Ballalaba, Algenib and Islington) deemed to be in the Hegemony with Alphard as the capital.
At first I thought that the reference at the top of the page was advising that this planet was the Free Worlds League Alphard, which is just over 60 Light Years away from Solaris.
A version of the Planet program which I downloaded from CBT, shows the co-ordinates for Alphard (FWL) as x -69.58, y -52.42 and for Alphard (MH) as x -499.36, y 120.23. If this is the case, then a number of worlds will need to be updated to reflect the distance between them and Alphard (MH)— The preceding unsigned comment was provided by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 02:51, 17 September 2009 .