Talk:Bloodright (scenario pack)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
This article seems to imply that the new Bloodname created is Hallis:
- "By Clan law, if all descendants of a Bloodname are killed in battle, their vanquishers can lay claim to that Bloodname."
- "The players are given the opportunity to track down Hallis' warrior relatives, kill them in battle, and lay claim to the Hallis Bloodname."
However, there is no evidence that this is so; the scenario pack strongly implies that the Bloodname will be new:
- Bloodright pp. 7: "When the tainted line linked to the Not-Named Clan has been eliminated, you will test among yourselves for the honor of forging a new Bloodname."
- Ibid pp. 42: "...but only one individual can be awarded the Bloodright to form a new Bloodname and house."
Further, I find it highly unlikely that any clan would essentially revive the name (even without the genetics) of one of the Not-Named-Clan's warriors.
I'd strongly suggest either citing where it is explicitly stated that the resulting Bloodname is indeed Hallis (or canonically any other name), OR the relevant parts of the article be re-written to reflect the fact that the scenario pack is silent on the matter.
I'll gladly do the latter, but I want a go-ahead before doing so.
- Fully agree with your reasoning. By all means, go ahead and improve the article. :) Frabby (talk) 15:59, 22 October 2016 (PDT)