I writing up a fix up on the article. -- Wrangler 15:55, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Hmm Hmm, ok the moratorium expired for Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere) on 23th July, i think we dont make a big thing about the variants there falls under moratorium and added with the ref. a little mistake.--Doneve 18:37, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Found that lil' bugger is in the Transport Category.... why's that again? RagTag 22:03, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
- Doesn't seem that it should be. I changed it. --Scaletail 23:54, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
- Kool! :DRagTag 19:43, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
Was rereading the old TRO and noticed that the Swift Wind Scout Car (p.176 - 1987 edition) has notes under the variants section talking about the Darter, Skulker and (as you likely have guessed) Centipede.
The relevant clips:
- "for example, the Commonwealth's eight-wheeled Centipede."
- "The Centipede, on the other hand, has two antennae, allowing it to link in conversation two JumpShips on opposite sides of a sun."
It is also noted in the MUL http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3919/centipede-wheeled-ice
-- Justin Kase 16:33, 19 August 20190 (UTC)
- I think this is an example of the universe growing and variants being spun off into actual designs in their own right as the writers went along. I would venture over to the Ask Lead Developers section of the BT Forums and ask if it is in fact a variant of the Swift Wind called a Centipede in a similar way to how the HER-2M Hermes is called a Mercury and is no relation to the SLDF Mercury BattleMech because at the moment I do not really know how we would reconcile it otherwise. --Dmon (talk) 12:52, 19 August 2019 (EDT)
- Fair point, though the same block of text also mentions the Darter & Skulker - which would imply that all 3 are either variants of the Swift Wind, or that all 3 are unique. Another possibility would be that the Centipede Scout Car (Hover) is an updated version of the original 8 wheeled variant (rather than being a replacement for the Skulker). But yah, question for the developers. Thanks! --Justin Kase 17:09, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
- Just noticed, they also mention it on p. 123 of the House Steiner book that Red Devil Industries produces "Centipede Scout Cars" along with RFL-3N, BLR-1G, Condor Hovercraft, Artillery and Infantry Weapons. --Justin Kase 02:54, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- nice find as an extra reference to stuff mentioned in the article. No such thing as to many references :-)--Dmon (talk) 03:02, 15 September 2019 (EDT)