- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
Format of factions
- I've currently organized the Factions pages by putting links to both History (textual) and Timeline pages. Should these be in the immediate faction page, or separated as they are? Nicjansma 02:35, 29 September 2006 (CDT)
- First off, I want to preface my comment by saying I don't think there's anything wrong with having this page. However, if I understand the intent of the page correctly, its to act as an index (of sorts) for the factions. In my view, as each faction page is written/edited, it should have [[Category:CBT Factions]] added at the bottom, so that they'll be added to the CBT Factions category page. [And, in the re-design of the Main Page and toolbar, Categories should be listed somewhere appropriate. I'd love to have authority/access to that special page, to show you some ideas, as they come up.] As to your specific comments above: they should definitely be added to each faction article, if that faction has its own faction-specific timeline. BUT, there is nothing wrong in also including them here (as they are now). --Revanche 03:06, 29 September 2006 (CDT)
Word of Blake?
- I'm not sure which they are, but the Word of Blake is listed as both a major and a minor faction. --Xoid 01:50, 15 November 2006 (CST)
- Err, good catch. I'd say they now qualify has Major. Thanks for the catch. --Revanche (admin) 09:15, 15 November 2006 (CST)
Wonder if it would make sense to put units as a category of "background" with dictionary, factions, people, planets and time line.
I've been pulling a list from all the mercenary handbooks, and it might get a bit blocky for the "factions" page.
12th Vegan Rangers 21st Centauri Lancers Always Faithful Angel of Death Pirates Avanti's Angels Black Omen Black Thorns Blackstone Highlanders Blue Star Irregulars Brion's Legion Bullard's Armored Cavalry Burton's Brigade Canned Heat Canopian Highlanders Cesar's Cohorts Crater Cobras Cunningham Commandos Deliah's Gauntlet Devil's Advocates Dismal Disinheireted Dragon's Breath Federated Freeman Gabhardt's Carabineers Grael's Grinders Green Mountain Boys Gregg's Long Striders Grim Determination Group W Hansen's Roughriders Harcourt's Destructors Harlock's Warriors Hell's Black Aces Illician Lancers Kell Hounds Khorsakov's Cossacks Kirkpatrick's Invaders Knights of St. Cameron Lagendorf Lancers Legion of the Rising Sun Lethal Injection Lexington Combat Group Lindon's Battalion Lone Star Regiment Markson's Marauders Martian Cuirassiers Mick's Blue Skye Rangers Mobile Fire Narhal's Raiders New Avalon Cavaliers Northwind Highlanders Olson's Rangers Quint's Olympian Ground Pounders Redfield Renegades Romanov's Crusaders Rubinsky's Light Horse Screaming Eagles Snord's Irregulars Stalwart Support Stealthy Tigers Storm's Metal Thunder Swann's Cavaliers The Arcadians The Bad Dream The Black Outlaws The Blackhearts The Dioscuri The Fighting Intellectuals The Fighting Shamrocks The Fist of Mokal The Furies The Grave Walkers The Krushers Tooth of Ymir Vanguard Legion Wilson's Hussars Wolf's DragoonsShiplore 23:43, 24 March 2008 (CDT)
- Category:Mercenaries is accessible from the front page. I'm not sure how much we want to put on the side bar. --Scaletail 22:02, 24 March 2008 (CDT)
Are mercenaries really worth of "faction" status along with actual nations and Clans? I propose we remove them from here. --Scaletail 18:06, 6 August 2008 (CDT)
- I would say yes. They play an important role in the IS and some of the bigger units even act like a very small faction so why not?--BigDuke66 10:22, 11 August 2008 (CDT)
There's a couple of extremely big issues with the faction list as it currently is, namely:
- It's pretty incomplete.
- It has no set time, so there's no indication if a given faction existed within the timeframe of another.
- There's no definition of terms.
I'm first going to revamp the page in order to get my information and faction lists correct and complete. Afterwards, I'll make 2 sections:
- Regions of Space (Inner Sphere/Periphery/Deep Periphery/Clan Space)
- Factions (organised by era)
Maybe Mercenaries seperatly. I'm also looking into replacing the lists with actual tables, categorised as IS/Clan/P/DP/Merc. This will probably take 2-3 days, as I'm a rather slow editor. Dirk Bastion 21:30, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, all done. Dirk Bastion 10:10, 5 March 2011 (UTC)