- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
- This article is about the BattleMech weapon. For other uses, see Talon (disambiguation).
The Jade Falcons introduced the Talons in 3072. Apparently inspired by their totem, Falcon Techs created a series of strengthened claw-like additions that could be placed on a 'Mech's legs. When kicking an enemy or performing a Death from Above attack, the Talons inflict more damage. These weapons have only been seen on a few experimental units.
That the Falcons created a melee weapon is particularly puzzling given that, while not a violation of zellbrigen, physical attacks are looked on with extreme distaste by the Clans.
When kicking or performing a Death from Above attack, a unit equipped with Talons multiplies the damage by 1.5, rounded to the nearest whole number (.5 rounds up). If a 'Mech equipped with Talons is also equipped with Triple Strength Myomer, the TSM bonus applies to kick attacks but not Death from Above attacks. The Talons weigh 1 ton for every 15 tons of the 'Mech mounting them. They must be placed in all of a 'Mech's legs, and consume two critical slots.
- Tactical Operations, p. 290
- Total Warfare, p. 273-275
- Tactical Operations, p. 291
- Tactical Operations, p. 288