Tau Provisional Galaxy (Clan Blood Spirit)
|Tau Provisional Galaxy|
|Affiliation||Clan Blood Spirit|
|Parent Command||Clan Blood Spirit touman|
In 3075, the Galaxy dropped on to Circe as part of the multi-Clan force of the Clan Steel Viper Annihilation. They had taken heavy casualties in the approach by hidden gun batteries and during the ground fighting the Galaxy was overrun and broken by the Vipers' Beta Galaxy, but was saved by a counterattack by Delta Galaxy of Clan Cloud Cobra.
After the Viper annihilation, the Galaxy was rebuilt in 3082 and was stationed in the Colleen system. In 3083, they came under attack by forces of both Clan Stone Lion and Clan Coyote; taking heavy casualties as they were pushed out of defensive enclaves. They stood at roughly twenty five percent strength in 3084 when the Star Adders called for a Trial of Absorption and by the end of the year had been destroyed, the 17th Crimson Guards being the last Spirits standing. They were destroyed by orbital bombardment.
|Commanding Officers of the Tau Provisional Galaxy|
|Galaxy Commander||Amerlin Johns||3059|
|Galaxy Commander||Mort Cluff||3067|
- Galaxy Commander Amerlin Johns was the only aerospace pilot to command a Galaxy in Clan Blood Spirit in 3059.
Specializes in combined aerospace and ground attacks.
- 17th Crimson Guards
- 79th Crimson Guards
- 258th Crimson Guards
Fighters of Tau Galaxy receive a -1 to-hit modifier, but if used with ground forces those forces receive a -2 to initiative rolls.
Tau uses a black base with red accents and burnished copper on the upper half of the torso or fuselage.
- The Wars of Reaving, p.155-157
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 35, "Tau Provisional Galaxy Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 41
- The Wars of Reaving, p.150
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 70, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table - "
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 174