- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
- This article is about the actual tech level system published in MechWarrior. For the Rules Levels 1-3 that were last published in BattleTech Master Rules, Revised Edition, see Rules Level/BMRR.
Tech Level was a rating system developed in the MechWarrior, First Edition game. Its use was classify items for relative technological sophistication, comparison and availability. This scale was less granular than the current one found in the Classic BattleTech Tech Manual. The scale was written prior to the introduction of the Clans and Jihad, so no mention was made of those eras.
|Tech Level||Label||Time Period||Industry Required|
|1||Low Tech||Pre-Twentieth century||Normal Industry|
|2||Medium Tech||Twentieth century or later||Normal Industry|
|3||HiTech||Terran Hegemony to Star League||Heavy Industry|
|4||Advanced HiTech||Lost Star League technology||"Black Box" - No longer understood or reproducible|
- MechWarrior, First Edition, p. 31