Technical Readout: 3026
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Technical Readout: 3026|
|Development|| Sam Lewis|
Jordan Weisman, Tara Gallagher (Production Managers)
L. Ross Babcock III (Editor-In-Chief)
Donna Ippolito (Senior Editor)
Todd Huettel (Editor)
|Primary writing|| Kevin Stein|
|Cover artwork||Duane Loose|
|Interior artwork||Dana Knutson (Art Director)|
|Illustrations||Duane Loose, Steve Venters|
|MSRP||15.00 US $|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Followed by||Technical Readout: 3026 Revised|
- 1 Description
- 2 Contents
- 2.1 Combat Vehicles
- 2.2 Personal Equipment
- 2.2.1 Electronic Sneak Suits
- 2.2.2 Rechargers
- 2.2.3 Remote Sensors
- 2.2.4 Exoskeletons
- 2.2.5 Exoskeleton Modifications
- 2.2.6 Communicators
- 2.2.7 Artificial Limbs
- 2.2.8 Miscellaneous Personal Equipment
- 2.3 Weapons
- 2.3.1 General Game Rules
- 2.3.2 Support Weapons
- 2.3.3 Personal Weapons
- 3 Hardware-Handbuch: 3031
- 4 Notes
Intended as a background book for the BattleTech universe, Technical Readout: 3026 was the first to focus on the secondary weapon systems (combat vehicles) of the game. It also included personal equipment that could be used by players of MechWarrior, the roleplaying game.
It was first published in 1987 with a Revised 1996 Edition published nine years later. This edition had the same cover art as the first. It was reissued in 2003 as Technical Readout: 3026 Revised and eventually supplanted by (and merged into) the more comprehensive Technical Readout: 3039.
The German edition was published as Hardware-Handbuch: 3031 with altered content (see Technical Readout: 3026#Hardware-Handbuch: 3031 below).
- Savannah Master
- Tracked APC
- Wheeled APC
- Hover APC
- J. Edgar
- Sea Skimmer
- Engineering Vehicle
- LRM Carrier
- SRM Carrier
- IR Sneak and Camo Sneak
- IR Sneak and ECM Sneak
- Camo Sneak and ECM Sneak
- IR Sneak, Camo Sneak, and ECM Sneak
- Long-Range Personal Communicator
- Basic Communications Kit
- Level I Field Communications Kit
- Advanced Field Communications Kit
- Type I Artificial Limb: Simple
- Type II Artificial Limb: Useful
- Type III Artificial Limb: Functional
- Type IV Artificial Limb: Prosthesis
- Type V Artificial Limb: Myomer
- Type VI Artificial Limb: Regeneration Technology
General Game Rules
- Dart Gun
- Heavy SRM Launcher
- Portable Rocket Launcher
- Light Recoiless Rifle
- Pistol (Flamer)
- LGB-46R Engineer's Tool ("Paint Gun")
- Mini Stun-Stick
- Weapons Tables - Personal and Support
The German version of this book was named Hardware-Handbuch 3031. Published by German licensee FanPro, it was expanded over the original english product to include five additional BattleMech designs complete with Technical Readout-style fluff, combat histories, and notable pilots:
- Flea - The 20-ton FLE-15 version. Combat history and Notable Pilots (Kare Devereux and Thheiba Shakir) were translated from an (apocryphal) writeup in Stardate Vol. 3 No. 1.
- Raven - The standard Raven as statted in the House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) sourcebook. Like in that book, the ECM Equipment (for which no rules existed) was supposedly mounted in the Center Torso location despite occupying four critical slots. The Combat History writeup and single Notable Pilot (Kevin DeNato from the 1st McCarron's Armored Cavalry regiment) given were original and have not been translated or re-published elsewhere.
- Wolfhound - Combat History is a retelling of the 'Mech's history as described in the Warrior trilogy, with Daniel Allard given as the sole entry under Notable Pilots.
- Cataphract - Also taken from the House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) sourcebook, with an original writeup that was not translated or published anywhere else. Combat History centers on the exploits of Notable Pilot Kalidas Aniro of Warrior House Kamata in the fighting against Andurien forces under Jimmy Lee on Betelgeuse.
- Longbow - Combat history and Notable Pilots (Beater/Hunter team Oshira Muzakka and Jon Smallberry, and Cedrick Sveinson) were translated from an (apocryphal) writeup in Stardate Vol. 3 No. 2.
The personal equipment section was rearranged, and the stats provided were slightly altered (presumably to account for rule changes since the publication of the original Technical Readout: 3026).
- Though not as wide in scope as Technical Readout: 3025, this TRO still brought a number of new combat vehicle types to the game.