Technical Readout: 3055 Revised
|Technical Readout 3055 Revised|
|Author|| Jerry Stenson|
Robert N. Charrette
|Development|| Mike Nystul|
Donna Ippolito (Senior Editor)
Sharon Turner Mulvihill (Assistant Editor)
|Primary writing||Jeff Laubenstein (Project Manager)|
|Cover artwork|| Steve Venters|
|Interior artwork||Dana Knutson|
|Illustrations|| Dana Knutson|
|Era||Clan Invasion era|
|Preceded by||Technical Readout: 3055|
|Followed by||Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade|
Technical Readout: 3055 Revised was the managed response to the issue of the Unseen like previously the Technical Readout: 3025 Revised and Technical Readout: 3050 Revised had been. It supplanted the original Technical Readout: 3050 (with even the same product number), simply dropping the Unseen designs. Apart from that only minor editorial changes were made. Unlike previous revised editions, TRO:3055 Revised did not even receive an additional in-universe explanation for its existence, it still purports to be a ComStar report from 3055.
The 1996 TRO:3055 Revised was supplanted in 2005 by Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade.
Table of Contents
- Inner Sphere Prototypes
- Light 'Mechs
- Medium 'Mechs
- Heavy 'Mechs
- Assault 'Mechs
- Clan 'Mechs
- Second-line 'Mechs
- Aerospace Superiority
Remarks on content
- The title comprises descriptions of 64 units in total, all from Clan Invasion era all previously published in TRO:3055. It contains:
- In comparison to TRO:3055
- 7 unit designs (Locust IIC, Phoenix Hawk IIC, Griffin IIC, Shadow Hawk IIC, Rifleman IIC, Warhammer IIC and Marauder IIC) were left out due to copyright disputes. Since all removed designs were published in same subsection (Inner Sphere Refits), the removal led to termination of the respective subsection. The design Jenner IIC, which apparently wasn't affected by copyright disputes, was inserted in following subsection Second-line 'Mechs.
- The order of appearance of OmniFighter designs Bashkir and Vandal was changed.
- The in-universe presentation is given by Adept XXI-sigma Merle Jimmus, ComStar (15 July, 3055). Unlike with other revised editions, the TRO:3055 Revised received no additional in-universe explanation for its publication.