Technical Readout: 3055 Revised
|Technical Readout 3055 Revised|
Robert N. Charrette
Donna Ippolito (Senior Editor)
Sharon Turner Mulvihill (Assistant Editor)
|Primary writing||Jeff Laubenstein (Project Manager)|
|Cover Artwork||Steve Venters|
|Interior Artwork||Dana Knutson|
|Era||Clan Invasion era|
|Preceded by||Technical Readout: 3055|
|Followed by||Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade|
Set six years after the Clan Invasion, Technical Readout: 3055 Revised re-introduced a whole set of chronologically-new unit designs. The Inner Sphere sections presented new BattleMechs utilizing the enhanced technology introduced with TRO:3050. The Clan sections broadened the view on the invading forces, by revealing second-line units, new OmniMech designs and OmniFighters. In-universe, it purported to be a ComStar report dating from 3055.
Technical Readout: 3055 Revised was the managed response to the issue of the Unseen, like Technical Readout: 3025 Revised and Technical Readout: 3050 Revised had been. It supplanted the original Technical Readout: 3055 (with even the same product number), simply dropping the Unseen designs. Apart from that, only minor editorial changes were made. Unlike previous revised editions, TRO:3055 Revised did not receive an additional in-universe explanation for its existence; it still purports to be a ComStar report from 3055.
TRO:3055 Revised was supplanted in 2005 by Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade.
From the Back Cover
|“||In 3049, without warning, Kerensky's heirs set upon the Inner Sphere in a savage series of battles known collectively as the Invasion. On Tukayyid the Com Guards brought the seemingly unstoppable Clan war machine to a halt. The Invasion ended as suddenly as it had begun, and left in its place an uneasy peace. Both sides now had an opportunity to reassess their opponent's strengths and weaknesses and respond. By 3055, the first of a new breed of BattleMechs rolled off the assembly lines of the Inner Sphere, machines designed specifically to counter the technologically advanced weapons used by the Clans. Only time will tell if these new designs will be enough to turn the tide when battle is joined once again.||”|
Table of Contents
- Inner Sphere Prototypes
- Light 'Mechs
- Medium 'Mechs
- Heavy 'Mechs
- Assault 'Mechs
- Clan 'Mechs
- Second-line 'Mechs
- Aerospace Superiority
Remarks on content
- The product comprises descriptions of 64 units in total, all from the Clan Invasion era, and all previously published in TRO:3055. It contains:
- In comparison to TRO:3055
- Seven unit designs (Locust IIC, Phoenix Hawk IIC, Griffin IIC, Shadow Hawk IIC, Rifleman IIC, Warhammer IIC and Marauder IIC were left out, due to copyright disputes. Since all removed designs were published in the same subsection (Inner Sphere Refits), the removal led to the termination of the respective subsection. The Jenner IIC design wasn't affected by copyright disputes and inserted in the following "Second-line 'Mechs" subsection.
- The order of appearance for the OmniFighter designs Bashkir and Vandal was changed.
- The in-universe presentation is given by Adept XXI-sigma Merle Jimmus, ComStar (15 July, 3055). Unlike with other revised editions, TRO:3055 Revised received no additional in-universe explanation for its publication.
Trademarked as BattleTech Technical Readout: 3055.