Technical Readout: Golden Century
|Technical Readout: Golden Century|
|Development||Joshua C. Perian|
|Primary writing||Aaron Cahall|
Philip A. Lee
|Cover Artwork||Mark Zug|
|Illustrations||David White (New Illustrations)|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||31 July 2020|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
Dark Age Era
|Timeline||2830 – 2930,|
3146 – 3150
|Preceded by||Technical Readout: 3150|
|Followed by||Technical Readout: Irregulars|
Technical Readout: Golden Century (abbreviated TRO:GC) is an in-universe publication written by the Paladin Janella Lakewood of the Republic of the Sphere in December, 3150. The book acts as a historical report early war machines development during the earlier era of the Clans' history known as the Golden Century Era. Some units listed in the book have been resurrected for use in the conflicts occurring during late Dark Age Era.
“Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down to darkness.”
|“||While the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere decimated each other over the shattered remains of the Star League and slid into the technological dark age of the Succession Wars, the Clans of Kerensky entered into a golden era of prosperity. Bereft of Nicholas Kerensky’s leadership, the Clans pushed their technological capabilities to their limits, developing devastating new weapons and technologies and flooding the battlefields of the Pentagon and Kerensky Cluster with powerful war machines as they Trialed each other for supremacy.
Technical Readout: Golden Century unveils the weapons and technologies developed during a pivotal era in Clan history, when the Clans came of age and matured into what they are today. Technical Readout: Golden Century debuts the production and custom machines used by the Children of Kerensky in the early twenty-ninth and thirtieth centuries. Statistics and Record Sheets are included for 29 new advanced and experimental BattleMechs, OmniMechs, vehicles, aerospace, battle armor and WarShip units ready for play. In addition, a complete section covers the experimental designs introduced by the nascent Clans immediately following the Pentagon campaign.
- Game Notes
- Water Elemental Mining Suit
- Rhino (battle armor)
- Kokou Defense Tank (Combat Vehicle)
- Mongoose C light BattleMech
- Drift Shag light BattleMech
- Coyotl light OmniMech
- Fox light BattleMech
- Omni-Corvis medium OmniMech
- Lynx C medium BattleMech
- Naja medium BattleMech
- Sun Bear medium OmniMech
- Lancelot C BattleMech
- Lupus heavy OmniMech
- Vision Quest heavy BattleMech
- Minsk heavy BattleMech
- Masauwu heavy BattleMech
- Woodsman heavy OmniMech
- Spartan C assault BattleMech
- Pulverizer assault BattleMech
- Storm Giant assault BattleMech
- Issedone light OmniFighter
- Pella light aerospace fighter
- Ogotai medium OmniFighter
- Goth heavy OmniFighter
- Qasar assault OmniFighter
- Chippewa IIC assault aerospace fighter
- Peregrine-class corvette (WarShip)
- Molniya-class corvette (WarShip)
- Corone-class destroyer (WarShip)
- Early Clan Innovations (Variant Page)
- Record Sheets
- TRO: Golden Century is the first full Technical Readout published since 2015 (Five year gap).
- Much of the art in TRO:GC has already been published in other BattleTech books. Most of the units of TRO:GC are based on older SLDF designs, reusing their art, or were already published in Era Digest: Golden Century and Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents. The only units featuring new art are the "first" units of the Inner Sphere Clans, as of 3067, mentioned in TechManual and Strategic Operations, which were lacking descriptions until now.
- The TRO is the first of a new series of "mini-TROs" similar in size and style to the faction-themed Technical Readout: 3145 PDFs.
- The cover art used for TRO:GC was originally used for Historical: Operation Klondike.