- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
Technology Rating is a code used in the Classic BattleTech game indicating the relative sophistication of vehicles and components, 'Mech and other equipment, or of the subsystems found in the same. Its primary function is to determine what systems were available in a particular time period in the BattleTech universe. A similar system was used in the MechWarrior, First Edition roleplaying game. That scale was different, primarily because the Clans had not been developed when that game had been written. This Version of the Technology Rating System is published in MechWarrior, Third Edition and and includes Pre-Industrial Technologies while the Combat Equipment, Total Warfare, and Tech Manual variations focus on the post-industrial revolution time period. It is very easy to get these systems confused.
|A||Primitive||to Early Twentieth century|
|B||Low-Tech||Late Twentieth century|
|C||Common Tech||21st to 22nd Centuries|
|D||High-Tech||Age of War and Succession Wars|
|E||Advanced||Star League and Post-3050 Inner Sphere|
|F||Hyper-Advanced||Clan and Post-3065 Inner Sphere|
- TechManual, p. 122, "Technology Rating Table"