- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Armor||Valiant Chainmail Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Magna 70 Fusion|
|Communications System||Garret T21-C|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wasat Watchdog W112|
Introduced quietly to service by Earthwerks-FWL, Incorporated before the Jihad, the Thang-Ta APC was an inexpensive transport vehicle manufactured in their facility on Tiber; the combination of low price and simple construction paved the way for the Thang-Ta to see service throughout the various states of the former Free Worlds League and then later after the League was reconstituted.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary advantages the Thang-Ta enjoyed over older designs was higher speed and better protection, the latter due to the three tons of Valiant Chainmail ferro-fibrous mounted onto the Thang-Ta. The Thang-Ta mounted a pair of Magna Mk IV Extended Range Small Lasers in a central turret for offensive armament, but the turret mechanism was plagued with problems thanks to balky linkages, leaving the turret problem to freezing in place after even relatively light damage. The Thang-Ta was also extremely basic inside with no creature comforts for the (1 ton) infantry squad being carried.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 10-11, "Thang-Ta APC"
- online date for the Thang-Ta
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 233