- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Arc-Royal|
|Primary Products|| Battle Armor|
TharHes was originally a branch of Hesperus II's Defiance Industries specializing in the production and development of missile systems and military-grade electronics and lasers. At one point however, the executives running Defiance decided to spin TharHes out and sell it off, unloading a majority of their shares in the company during a brief but company-wide slump in sales.
The sale of TharHes led to the Wellby and Steiner noble families purchasing TharHes as a joint venture. With Landgrave Michael Wellby installed as its first CEO, the TharHes portfolio was expanded to include BattleMech production in the early 3010s. TharHes' first 'Mech produced was the Crusader. Unfortunately, this venture began with some stumbling, as they had to recall the first 200 of the 'Mechs when it was found that the reactor shielding for this batch was flawed.
The company began to show better profits in the 3020s with production of the original WLF-1 Wolfhound. The Wolfhound being successful paved the way for TharHes to expand 'Mech production across a range of weight classes.
TharHes was soon bound by a contract that proved to be an embarrassment for the company. When the production of the WLF-2 Wolfhound began, they entered into a long-term contract with Doering Electronics to provide them with the communications system for the Wolfhound. Shortly thereafter, TharHes began to produce their own line of communications systems which have proved to be very popular, but due to their contract these systems don't appear on one of their premier 'Mechs. This was a result of the Lyran government policy that encouraged companies to cooperate through trade with each other as a means of providing both stablity and economic growth.
The TharHes facilities on Tharkad were nearly destroyed during the Jihad, taking 95% losses during the conflict; by 3079, the company had only managed to restore production to 20% of full capacity. In contrast, the Eutin facilities constructed during the Jihad were completely unscathed and continued to operate at full capacity; the employment provided by the TharHes facilities proved to be a major boon for the population of Eutin Prime, which had doubled in size by 3079 to almost eight hundred thousand.
With only the Barghest production line still producing 'Mechs from the Tharkad plant by the end of the Jihad, rumors and speculation were rife that TharHes was going to merge back into Defiance Industries in some form as a possible route for both companies to weather the massive reconstruction efforts needed.
TharHes Industries has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Arc-Royal:|
|Engineering Vehicle||Tracked Vehicles|
|WorkHorse 240|||
|GM Whirlwind|||
|General Motors Nova-5|||
|Components produced on Eutin:|
|Rottweiler||Medium Battle Armor|
|Sloth||Heavy Battle Armor|
|Components produced on Tharkad:|
|WLF-2 Wolfhound||Light BattleMech (out of production in 3079)|
|BSW-X1 Bushwacker||Medium BattleMech|
|BSW-S2 Bushwacker||Medium BattleMech|
|BGS-1T Barghest||Heavy BattleMech|
|BGS-4T Barghest||Heavy BattleMech|
|CRD-3R Crusader||Heavy BattleMech (out of production in 3079)|
|CRD-5S Crusader||Heavy BattleMech (out of production in 3079)|
|URA-2A Ursa||Heavy BattleMech (from Dark Age onwards)|
|FLC-8R Falconer||Heavy BattleMech (out of production in 3079)|
|GOL-4S Goliath||Assault BattleMech (out of production in 3079)|
|Fenrir||Assault Battle Armor|
|Fenrir "Longshot"||Assault Battle Armor|
|Fenrir II||Assault Battle Armor (from 3119)|
|Infiltrator Mk. I||Light Battle Armor (Originally produced 3050 to mid-3060s, production recommenced by 3079)|
|Smoothdavid II||PA(L) Exoskeleton (as of 3064)|
|Smoothgoliath II||PA(L) Exoskeleton (as of 3060s)|
|Arc Royal KH-3||Wolfhound|
|Earthwerks GRF Quad||BGS-1T Barghest & BGS-4T Barghest|
|URA Quad Endo Steel||URA-2A Ursa|
|GM 280||BGS-4T Barghest|
|Magna 260||Crusader|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|Magna 350 XL||BGS-1T Barghest|
|GM 260 XL||Crusader|
|GM 375 XL||Falconer|
|VOX 325 XL||URA-2A Ursa|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Durallex Medium||Wolfhound. URA-2A Ursa|
|Durallex Heavy w/CASE II||BGS-1T Barghest & BGS-4T Barghest (equiped with CASE II)|
|Riese-500||Shipped in from FWL|
|TharHes Calliope HM-10||Shipped to Carlisle for Savannah Master|
|TharHes Calliope ZE-2||Falconer|
|TharHes Crystal Flower RG-2||Shipped to Furillo for Locust & Wasp and also to Coventry for Commando|
|TharHes Hm 10||Exported to S. L. Lewis Incorporated of Carlisle for the Savannah Master.|
|TharHes Euterpe HM-14 w/C3 Slave||BGS-1T Barghest BGS-4T Barghest (equiped with C3 Slave), Crusader and also shipped to Oliver for Crusader|
|TharHes HQ CommSet|||
|TharHes Kr-A P-comm||Shipped to Pandora for Condor|
|TharHes Melpomene HM-33||URA-2A URsa|
|TharHes Mini-Talk||Shipped to Hesperus II for Hunter|
|TharHes Muse 54-58K||Shipped to Hesperus II for Rommel & Patton|
|TharHes Thalia HM-22||Shipped to Hesperus II for Hatchetman|
|TharHes Digital Scanlok 347||Wolfhound|
|TharHes AGART||Shipped to Hesperus II and Sudeten for Hunter|
|TharHes Alpha-2a||Shipped to Carlisle for Savannah Master|
|TharHes Ares-5B|||
|TharHes Ares-7||Shipped to Hesperus II for Zeus|
|TharHes Ares-8a||BGS-1T Barghest & BGS-4T Barghest/Shipped to Hesperus II for Hatchetman|
|TharHes Ares-9||URA-2A Ursa|
|TharHes Mars-1||Shipped to Pandora for Condor|
|TharHes Mars-5||Shipped to Hesperus II for Rommel & Patton|
|TharHes Star Shark||Shipped to Coventry for Commando|
|Artemis IV FCS|
|TharHes Fire Control|||
|ER Medium Laser|
|Defiance Model XII||BGS-4T Barghest|
|Large Pulse Laser|
|TharHes Thunderbolt-12||Crusader and shipped also to Oliver for Crusader, to Coventry for Phoenix Hawk and to Hesperus II for Griffin|
|ER Large Laser|
|BlazeFire Sweetshot||BGS-4T Barghest|
|Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle|
|Defiance Annihilator||BGS-4T Barghest|
|TharHes Reacher 10|||
|TharHes Reacher 15||Shipped to Oliver for Crusader|
|TharHes Reacher 20||Shipped to Carlisle and Alarion for Archer|
|TharHes Blue||Shipped to Carlisle and Alarion for Archer|
|TharHes 4 Pack||Shipped to Furillo for Warrior|
|TharHes Maxi||Shipped to Hesperus for Atlas & Banshee; to Pandora for BattleMaster and to Sudeten for Thunderbolt|
Components produced on Weibeta:
Branch Produces Military Grade Electronic & Laser Weaponry.
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 147, "TharHes Industries (TharHes)"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 123, "TharHes Industries" - Original profile from house book and the company's stumbling its first production run.
- Objective Raids, p. 83, TharHes Industries
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 3, "State of the Industry at a Glance (Dec 3079)"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 17, "TharHes Industries"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 32, "TharHes Industries"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 23, "Produced Rottweiler Components on Eutin"
- Objective Raids, p. 82, "Produced TharHes Industries Components on Tharkad"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 114, "Produced Barghest Components"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 82, Produced Falconer Components on Tharkad
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 196, "Produced Smothdavid II/Smothgoliath II Components on Tharkad"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 126, "Produced BGS-4T Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p.136
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 38-39, "URA-2A Ursa"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 37, "Produced Fenrir Battle Armor on Tharkad"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner, p. 16
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 8-9, "Fenrir II Assault Battle Armor"
- Handbook: House Steiner p. 147, "TharHes Industries profile" - Mk I in production was produced TharHes
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 14-15, "Suit no longer production with anyone as of 3070".
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 102, "Produced COM-2D Components"
- Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 10-11, "Savannah Master Hovercraft"
- Handbook: House Steiner p. 147, "Weibetal listed as TharHes production site for equipment components, no listing of other items".
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner
- Handbook: House Steiner
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Technical Readout: Prototypes
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex