- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
The Barrens are a region of space in the Periphery directly coreward of the Inner Sphere. Formerly part of the Rim Worlds Republic, the worlds of this region were left adrift after that nation's collapse in the late 28th century and either became independent or part of various pirate realms. Two and a half centuries of this hardscrabble existence ended in 3049 when the Clans conquered the entire area, destroying the pirate kingdoms and giving their worlds some government and stability for the first time since the Star League's collapse. This respite lasted barely four decades before the Clans, weakened by the Blakist Jihad, abandoned the region between 3086 and 3090, leading to the formation of multiple micro-states isolated from the galaxy at large.