- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Read more →
The Barrens are a region of space in the Periphery directly coreward of the Inner Sphere. Formerly part of the Rim Worlds Republic, the worlds of this region were left adrift after that nation's collapse in the late 28th century and either became independent or part of various pirate realms. Two and a half centuries of this hardscrabble existence ended in 3049 when the Clans conquered the entire area, destroying the pirate kingdoms and giving their worlds some government and stability for the first time since the Star League's collapse. This respite lasted barely four decades before the Clans, weakened by the Blakist Jihad, abandoned the region between 3086 and 3090, leading to the formation of multiple micro-states isolated from the galaxy at large.