- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Colonel Ria Sung-hei Fury|
|DropShips||Yes (fully covered)|
The roots of this armor command are in the DCMS. The unit worked in the past for many smaller factions. Now, it no longer has the financial means to employ mercs with 'Mechs. After the Operation Guerrero the Furies worked first for the Duchy of Small and later the Terracap Confederation on Capolla. They were used to train garrison and militia forces in armor tactics. They also had a clause in their Chaos March contracts that said they wouldn't have to face any attacking force from a Successor State that was larger than a battalion. This was intended to keep them from being left stranded by an incompetent or lazy employer.
The planet joined the Protectorate with the start of the Jihad. The unit transferred their loyalty from the Confederation to Word of Blake with ease. The unit currently works as a training force for the local militia. Since they remained in the Word of Blake Protectorate, the Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission listed them among their "Wanted or Renegade Commands." The Furies were members of the Allied Mercenary Command, and their refusal to break their contract with Capolla was seen as a betrayal. Despite this, the Furies had a clause in their contract that prevented them from participating in any atrocities by the Word of Blake. Investigators sent to Capolla confirmed that the Furies were only carrying out the duties of a standard garrison and cadre training contract.
During Operation SCOUR, the Word of Blake responded to the loss of Marcus by dispatching a combination of hired mercenaries (in the form of the Canned Heat, Clifton's Rangers, The Furies and the Stealthy Tigers to retake Marcus on the 11th of August; the coalition forces including the 20th Marik Militia had no choice but to retreat to the nearby world of Dieudonne. Two teams of ComStar affiliated Blake's Wrath units destroyed the uranium mines to deny them to the Word of Blake. The mercenaries the Blakists had sent were not concerned with limiting collateral damage, and when word of the Coalition's conquest of Terra reached them, the natives (aided by ComStar) overthrew their mercenary overseers, though some of them had already escaped when the fall of Terra news had arrived.
It is not known if the unit fled the planet or died there.
|Commanding Officers of The Furies|
|Colonel||Ria Sung-hei Fury||3059 - 3067|
The mercs divide the enemy and bring overwhelming firepower to destroy the opponent when the time is right.
The Furies (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- CO: Colonel Ria Sung-hei Fury 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Small World. 
The Furies Command Company(1 Company/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Ria Shung-hei Fury
- This company was created to protect the commander and to act as C3. All units are upgraded.
- XO/1st Battalion (The Tisiphones): Lieutenant Colonel Erik Gray
- 2nd Company: Captain Christopher Wu Teng Fury
- 2nd Battalion (The Alecto): Major Tramyr Adragon
- 3rd Battalion (The Magaeras): Major Steven "Stumpy" Thomas
-The regiment contains all kinds of armor and includes independent command platoons for each battalion.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 69, "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 18
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 54
- Total Chaos, p. 164-165, "MARCUS"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 59-60, "Chaos Eternal: Blood And Fury"
- Total Chaos, p. 165
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 111