- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
The Gang was created by Reggie "The Red" Philburn.
The gang is known for its strikes against wealthy travelers on the deserted roads near Bracken Swamp, where it lay in ambush. After blocking all escape routes, the gang quickly and politely relieved the victim of his possessions.
The gang has attracted a lot of attention because of its habit to rob visiting nobles and the Solarian police has tried several times to catch him. A sizable bounty has been posted against "The Red" and now even MechWarriors are patrolling the Bracken Swamp to catch him.
The Gang changed hands when in 3067 Kristof Szabian took charge of the band and renamed it as Szabian's Renegades. The gang became more 'Mech oriented after that. They started to work for themselves and to get money, working for Mister Yurei (a yakuza fixer).
In their last heist Szabian was captured by the Bounty Hunter, and the rest of the gang ended up facing one company of DeLon Stables 'Mechs and another company of Yakuza 'Mechs which shattered the gang.
The Highwaymen wear red arm bands, leg bands and headbands. During robberies they also masked their faces with red full-face masks
During 3051 the gang was composed of 17 members.
Gang Leader & Warlord
- Reggie "The Red" Philburn, founder and leader at least until 3051.
- Kristof Szabian was the leader of the gang from 3067 until the gangs demise in 3068.
The Highwaymen are known for their armed robberies. Their reputation marks them as "friendly" as they avoid harming or killing any of their victims.
- Solaris: The Reaches, p. 9 "Gangs and Stables - The Highwaymen"
- "A Guy Walks Into a Bar on Solaris VII..."