- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
The ROck neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-82.14 : 500.408[e]|
The system named The Rock is located near the Drask's Den and Ichmandu systems and consists largely of asteroids and other small bodies orbiting the system primary; a number of these asteroids and bodies are inhabited, although some lack the atmosphere required to be habitable.
The Rock system was colonised at some point during the Second or Third Succession War, and by the end of the Third war had been incorporated into the bandit kingdom known as the Oberon Confederation.
The Hell's Horses withdrew from The Rock after 3085. They did send several technical teams to help rebuild the extensive fortresses located in the system after their withdrawal, however. After the Horses withdrew, The Rock joined with several other systems to form the Republic of the Barrens.
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - No Record 
- 2764 - No Record 
- 2765 - No record 
- 2767 - No record 
- 2786 - No record 
- 2822 - No record 
- 3025 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3040 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3050 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3052 - Clan Wolf 
- 3054 - Clan Wolf 
- 3057 - Clan Wolf 
- 3059 - Clan Wolf 
- 3063 - Clan Wolf 
- 3067 - Clan Wolf 
- 3075 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- 3079 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- 3081 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- 3085 - Clan Hell'sHorses /Republic of the Barrens 
- 3095 - Republic of the Barrens 
- 3130 - The Barrens 
- 3135 - The Barrens 
- 3145 - The Barrens 
- The Rock: the largest asteroid in the system of the same name. It possesses a breathable atmosphere, and is considered pleasant but dry. The locals harvest extra water from comets floating in the asteroid belt.
- Sisyphus's Lament: a barely habitable asteroid. It is cold and has just enough oxygen in its atmosphere to rust the iron rich rocks. It is known to be a place where Kenny Ryan's pirates established their base shortly before the Clan Invasion. In 3049, a company of the mercenary unit Kell Hounds's Second regiment, under the command of Captain Wilson, were dispatched to The Rock system by the FRR to hunt down the pirates. A scout lance under the command of Lieutenant Jackson Tang were the first to come in contact with a unit of unknown 'Mechs chasing the remnants of the pirate band. During the battle against these 'unknowns', Phelan Kell was believed to have been killed in action. In reality, after being captured and interrogated, Phelan learned he had been made a bondsman by what would later be revealed to be Clan Wolf.
- Kuzmin's Treasure: an inhabited asteroid, one of thousands of planetoids orbiting the system's inner belt. It sports a tiny mining settlement struggling to survive. The airless planetoid's de-facto capital, Last Chance, was severely damaged in a pirate raid in 3041.
- Novosibirsk: the nearest neighbor to Kuzmin's Treasure; the settlements trade with each when orbital mechanics bring the asteroids close together.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Drask's Den||15.6||Ichmandu||25.4||Taran's World||28.7||Paulus Prime||29.4|
|Oberon VI||56.4||Butte Hold||56.6|
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Lethal Heritage, pp. 79-90, pp. 140-141
- Rules of Salvage, p. ??
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. vii, "Map of the Periphery"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 42
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 44
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 38, "Rim Worlds Army Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p. 32, "Map of the Wolf Clan Territory"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 115, "Greater Valkyrate, Oberon Confederation & Elysian Fields"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 27, "Clan Wolf/Clan Hell's Horses Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 44, "Republic of the Barrens"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p.32
- Field Report: Clans, p. 13, "Clan Hell's Horses Deployment Status"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Lethal Heritage
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- The Periphery, First Edition
- The Periphery, second Edition
- Rules of Salvage