- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
The Wall was a space defense system protecting Fortress Republic.
The Fortress Republic protocol was activated by Exarch Jonah Levin in 1 October 3135, and in a short time later gave light of a new technology dubbed the Wall. The Wall only work around a determined ring of worlds slightly larger than the Republic's Prefacture X. Any JumpShip attempts to cross it, it would misjump or bounce back in a mangled state, with the crew crippled or combined with the ship, like Coordinator's Theodore Kurita's WarShip Pride of Kurita. Any JumpShip than appears to complete the transit have not been seen since. It is unknown if they were captured by Republic forces, misjumped or have been totally destroyed. The Wall is a proof about how little is known about hyperspace and Kearny-Fuchida experts are unable to explain how is possible. However, it must be noted than the Wall isn't a rigid defense: there can be opened windows on it, allowing a JumpShip to cross safely, like Julian Davion's JumpShip in 3146. In 3149, Devlin Stone turn off the Wall, allowing the Republic troops to leave the Fortress space, and the outsider states to invade the Fortress... but when the Capellan Confederation and Clan Wolf JumpShips attempted to attain Terra, both bounced. This proved than the Wall was still active, only than now around the Terran system.
- Dragon Rising p. 271
- Shattered Fortress p. 106
- Shattered Fortress p. 107
- Shattered Fortress p. 7
- Shattered Fortress p. 92