Thresher Mk II
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Trellshire Heavy Industries|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||DSHM Endo 2.4l|
|Armor||Gamma Special Reflective with CASE II|
|Communications System||Crossband System 20|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dtrac Suite 1|
|Heat Sinks||13 |
|Speed||86 kph (140 kph with MASC + Supercharger) km/h|
The Thresher Mk II is a Heavy Clan BattleMech designed as skirmisher by Clan Sea Fox. This is a remodeled/refitted version of the venerable Thresher. The Thresher Mk II came about when a number of these 'Mechs were produced during the Dark Age Era and Clan Sea Fox Merchants were unable to sell them. Negotiations with Clan Wolf Khan Alaric Ward paved way towards a sale, but only if the 'Mechs were refitted to Clan Wolf's specifications, which included arm actuators that the original design never featured.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech features a 300 Rated Extra-Light Engine with MASC and a Supercharger, allowing it to reach high speeds normally found on lighter machines. Enhancing it's mobility further are five Jump Jets giving it a jump capacity of 150 meters.
The Thresher Mk II's armament features a mix of long range and short range options. It's main battery of guns consists of it's Extended Range PPC with a 15-tubed Long Range Missile Launcher with 16 volleys of fire. At shorter ranges, a Large Pulse Laser coupled with a 4-tubed Short-range missile launcher and Flamer are available for use.
It's ammunition is protected by CASE II, greatly decreasing damage to the right torso from ammo explosions and allowing the XL Engine to continue operating without little fear of damage. Clan Sea Fox chose to fit out the 'Mech's armor with 9.5 tons of Gamma Special Reflective Armor. This armor gives the 'Mech resistance to energy weapons but makes it more vulnerable to artillery and some ballistic weapons.
The Thresher Mk II has the following Design Quirks:
- Thresher: The original version of the Thresher Mk II.
- Summoner (Thor): OmniMech version of the original Thresher.
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 4, p. 9, 28 - Thresher Mk II
- MUL online date for the Thresher Mk II