- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Tech Base|| Inner Sphere |
|Ammo Per Ton||12|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||50,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 64/13 for launcher|
8 for ammo
This article is about the missile weapon. For the BattleMech of the same name, see Thunderbolt.
First developed by the Federated Commonwealth in the mid-3050s for the Solaris arenas, the Thunderbolt launcher is an offshoot of standard LRM technology. Instead of firing a group of five missiles, the Thunderbolt 5 launcher fires a single missile that inflicts as much damage as an Autocannon/5. This increased damage is made up for by the slightly reduced range and increases to the weapon's heat and weight. The Thunderbolt missile is also more vulnerable to anti-missile systems.
- Tactical Operations, p. 347 - "Thunderbolt Missile Launcher"
- Tactical Operations, p. 410-411
- Unbound, p. 70