- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
- This article is about the weapon. For the BattleMech, see Thunderbolt.
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
The Thunderbolt Missile was developed for the arenas of Solaris. Unlike most missile systems, the Thunderbolt was a single missile that smashed into its target. Though it was effective in the arenas, it didn't see widespread use in the field because the single missile was very vulnerable to Anti-Missile Systems. The missile launcher, though small, was awkward to mount and would only fit on the left or right torso of a 'Mech.
In addition, if hit by weapons fire, the Thunderbolt Missile would inflict the same damage on the 'Mech mounting it as well as increasing the heat scale by 15 points.
- Unbound, p. 4
- Unbound, p. 70