Thunderstroke Gauss Rifle
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
The Thunderstroke Gauss Rifle is a popular infantry-sized gauss rifle produced by Federated Arms. While ostensibly as large as a normal assault rifle, the Thunderstroke has a much longer barrel to contain the magnetic firing rails. It is fired from the hip with help from a shoulder strap, while ammo is held in a clip and fed into a top-loading port. Despite its size, the Thunderstroke is usable by almost anyone thanks to its simplicity of operation and light-weight construction. The heavy steel darts fired by these rifles, propelled to more than twice the speed of sound, are capable of penetrating the weak-points of Elemental Battle Armor with a single shot, though a soldier might have to empty the entire magazine if trying to punch through its armoring.
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, p. 32, "Thunderstroke Gauss Rifle"
- Sword and Fire, ch. 21
- A Time of War, p. 268, "Gauss Weapons - Table"