Tiburon Khanate (Clan Sea Fox)
|Affiliation||Clan Sea Fox|
|Parent Command||Clan Sea Fox touman|
Assigned to a territory that encompassed the Lyran Commonwealth and the Clan Occupation Zones, the Tiburon Khanate grew to be the strongest of the Khanates; the decade of active warfare that began in 3135 saw an increase in profits as the Khanate not only sold arms but also earned money transporting refugees attempting to flee and transporting the everyday necessities of life that the usual supply channels could no longer provide.
In addition to being profitable, Tiburon's territory was also significantly challenging - Tiburon became an increasingly tempting target, and while few would attempt piracy against Clan Sea Fox most of the other Clans in the area attempted to obtain goods by Trial rather than by trade. The wealth acquired by the Tiburon Khanate ensured that it won the majority of those trials, however; opponents from Clan Jade Falcon or Clan Wolf simply didn't have access to equipment of the same quality as that the Khanate could afford to buy and use.
Following the death of First Prince Caleb Davion the Tiburon Khanate decided to involve itself in the politics of the Federated Suns, despite the Suns being on the opposite side of the Inner Sphere to Tiburon's assigned hunting territory. The aid and favors offered to First Prince Julian Davion earned the Khanate the promise of three new trading worlds in the Federated Suns, but the worlds appeared to be of little long-term benefit to the Khanate, inviting speculation that saKhan Andreas Sutherland was looking to acquire the worlds either to use as bargaining chips with the Skate Khanate or at the instruction of Sea Fox Khan Mori Hawker.
In 3146 Gamma Aimag also agreed to escort Julian Davion back into the Federated Suns in exchange for three worlds. During this trip Tiburon Khanate's Gamma Aimag fought on Poznan against Home Guard forces, shattering the defenders.
|Commanding Officers of the Tiburon Khanate|
- - In 3145 the Tiburon Khanate was based around the Potemkin-class ArcShip Titanic, with the various Aimags operating from a number of other ships. Alpha, Beta and Epsilon Aimags were all operating from Merchant Carrack-class transports - the Argo, Naglfar and Matahourua respectively - while Gamma Aimag was based around the Lola III-class destroyer Caleuche and Delta Aimag was based around the Volga-class transport Liberator.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 158: "Tiburon Khanate"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 207: "Tiburon Khanate"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 152: "Clan Sea Fox"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 150: "Standby Mode"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 15
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 14, p. 4
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 170: "Clan Force Deployments - Clan Sea Fox"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 170: "Spina Khanate"