Tigress (Small Craft class)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|TIG-15 "Tigress" Close Patrol Craft (Gunship)|
|Manufacturer||Vandenburg Mechanized Industries|
|Use|| star system patrol |
early warning craft
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Standard|
|Armament|| 1 x PPC |
1 x LRM 15
4 x Medium Lasers
|Armor|| Nose: 64 |
Designed by Vandenburg Mechanized Industries at the fall of the Star League, the Tigress was designed to initially serve as a DropShip and WarShip escort. However, due to changing priorities for the defense of the Taurian Concordat, it was re-assigned as a system patrol craft.
The craft is principally part of the defense networks of the Hyades Cluster. Tigress Gunships were noted in their suicidal deployment in a nuclear strike that crippled New Syrtis Shipyards during the 3076 raid of New Syrtis.
Weapons and Equipment
The gunship was given a Particle Projection Cannon and a Fifteen-Tube Long Range Missile rack mounted in the nose to snipe at long range targets. The launcher has 32 salvos of missiles, keeping the ship well-supplied with ammunition on its week-long patrols. For close-in combat, the ship has an additional four Medium Lasers split between the two wings.
The ship's fusion engine is powerful enough move the ship up to maximum thrust of 6. The ship carries 15 tons of fuel, which can last a total of 8.15 days if used continuously. The vessel has a crew requirement of 3 pilots and a gunner; although the craft may be operated with less than a full crew.
The Tigress has a seven ton cargo bay, with a single cargo door.
The Tigress, when first published in PDF form, had a mix of two battle values. The fluff description on page 201 had the correct battle value.
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 201, "Tigress Profile"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 44, "House Davion" - New Syrtis - Tigress Gunships used in strike against shipyards of New Syrtis.
- The Official BattleTech writers report the correct battle value of unit.