- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Earthwerks-FWL, Inc. |
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||DSAM Endo 10-Composite|
|Engine||Starfire 300 XL|
|Communications System||Khan Series (Type 3a)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 4 MadCat TTS|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
The Tomahawk II is an Assault OmniMech first produced by Clan Wolf in 3088. The ‘Mech is considered to be, for its time, the superior 'Mech when compared to other contemporaries within the ranks of the Inner Sphere and Inner Sphere Clans. The Tomahawk II was based on early prototypes developed during the Clan Invasion era, which were produced in limited numbers.
The Tomahawk II was originally produced at the Wolves' W-7 Facilities on Weingarten until the late 3130s when the Clan undertook its migration to then exFree Worlds Leagues space. Production of the 'Mech would resume on Keystone at Earthwerks-FWL, Incorporated.
One of the Tomahawk II's most notable uses was during Clan Wolf's invasion of Tharkad in 3143. Beta Galaxy's Galaxy Commander Alaric Ward utilized a binary of Tomahawk IIs in order to demoralize Tharkard's Lyran defenders. He deployed this elite Binary of Tomahawk IIs to defeat elements of the 2nd Royals at Nagelring in July.
Weapons and Equipment
The Tomahawk II is designed around the use of a DSAM Endo 10-Composite internal structure, which gives the design its cavernous pod capacity of 56 tons. The 'Mech is powered by a 300-Rated Starfire Extra-Light Fusion Engine, giving it a maximum speed of 54 kph. Protecting the engine and the Tomahawk II's other vitals is 19 tons of Advanced/3 standard armor, providing nearly maximum protection against enemy fire.
The 'Mech's Primary Configuration is fitted with a pair of Class 30 Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles, one mounted in each of the arm actuators. Protected by CASE II, both weapons have a combined eight tons of ammunition split between them, giving each weapon 16 rounds of fire. Backing up the main guns are three long-reaching Extended-Range Large Lasers, with one found in each of the Tomahawk II's arms and one in the head. A pair of Medium Pulse Lasers rounds out the 'Mech's weaponry, giving it additional firepower at close-in ranges. Five additional Double Heat Sinks are fitted in the Omni Pod bays to help the 'Mech cope with the weapons' great heat buildup.
- Alt. Config. A
- Designed around the accurate LB-X Autocannon and Pulse Laser technologies, this configuration is quite ideal when used at close range against enemies, as well as for anti-aircraft purposes. The Configuration's main weapons are found in the arm actuators, each arm sports a single LB 10-X Autocannon and a pair of AP Gauss Rifles. While the Autocannons' two tons worth of ammunition is stored in the arms under the protection of CASE II, the AP Rifles' ammunition can be found in each of the side torsos. The aforementioned pulse laser weaponry includes a pair of side torso-mounted Large and Medium Pulse Lasers, and a single ER Large Laser is allocated to the A Configuration's head. There are seven Double Heat Sinks, in addition to the twelve base-model Heat Sinks, fitted into this configuration. BV2(2.0)=2,697
- Alt. Config. B
- Suggested for use in urban combat, the B Configuration comes with a large array of energy and missile weapon systems. This configuration's long-range firepower comes from a pair of arm-mounted Streak LRM-15 launchers and a pair of long-range, torso-mounted ER Large Lasers. For closer ranges, the 'Mech makes use of an ER Large Pulse Laser in each of the arms, and a single ER Medium Laser in the torso. To help this configuration of the Tomahawk II cope with urban settings, the 'Mech sports three Jump Jets, while ten additional Double Heat Sinks try to help with the heat management. A single head-mounted Laser Anti-Missile System is fitted in the head to fight off enemy missiles. BV(2.0)=3,513
- Alt. Config. C
- Intended for the fire support role, the C Configuration carries a number of missile batteries and Pulse Laser technologies to play its role, while also providing a means of self-defense. The C Configuration sports six LRM-15 Launchers - one in each arm and two allocated to each side torso. The 'Mech's missile ammunition is found in the arms, with five tons worth of LRM munitions protected by CASE II. Backing up the 'Mech at closer ranges are three Large Pulse Lasers, each mounted in each of the 'Mech's torsos. Six additional Double Heat Sinks are provided to help manage the tremendous heat levels generated. BV(2.0)= 2,938
- Tomahawk The Tomahawk is the original prototype version of the Tomahawk II, but never was mass-produced.
The Tomahawk II is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 52, 121 Tomahawk II - BV2 and Intro Year.
- MUL Profile for the Tomahawk II including BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 477
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp 52, 121 Tomahawk II - Background.
- Era Report: 3145, p. 27 THARKAD IN THE CROSSHAIRS - Alaric Ward named as commander of the Beta Galaxy invading Tharkad in 3143.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp 52, 121 Tomahawk II - Stats.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 52, 122 Tomahawk II - A Configuration.
- Tomahawk II Alt. Configuration A MUL online entry.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 478
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 52, 124 Tomahawk II - B Configuration.
- Tomahawk II Alt. Configuration B MUL online entry.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 479
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 52, 123 Tomahawk II - C Configuration.
- Tomahawk II Alt. Configuration C MUL online entry.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 480
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp 52, 121 Tomahawk II - Variant Info.