- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Read more →
|Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation|
|Parents||Sandra Liao (mother)|
Rise to Power
Nephew of Ingrid Liao, Tormax inherited a host of problems when he came to power in 2980. Noticing his traditional military forces were lagging behind in newly formed Warrior House regiments, especially after the resounding defeat on the world of Rio by Davion forces, Tormax promptly reorganized the training and recruitment programs of the CCAF. At his urging, he also pushed his nation's surviving Aerospace industries to design and manufacture new fighters.
In 2987, Davion forces commenced a series of attacks against Liao's prefecture capital of Tikonov. These attacks pressured Tormax into using the last of his military reserves to fend off the incursion. He also shrewdly dispatched Justinia's Cuirassiers, Shepard's Mounted Fusiliers, and Hampton's Hessens on a bold invasion of the Davion world of Lee in order to relieve pressure from the Chesterton Reserves which were desperately holding off Davion forces on Tikonov. The counter-strike against the reinforced Davion world relieved the beleaguered Liao forces and won the newly deployed Transgressor aerospace fighters some prestige.
Fall from Power
Tormax Liao's grasp on power weakened in the spring of 2990. Fanatical religious groups in the St. Ives prefecture aroused to cause additional problems politically for him. He also had unexpected weakening loyalty from his once fanatically loyal Warrior Houses regiments. At the advice of his son, Tormax led the Capellan Hussars Brigade to Davion border to strength it and remove doubt of his abilities.
He succeeded militarily, but when he returned he found his son had taken power for himself and made himself Chancellor.
Title and Position
|Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation
| Succeeded by|
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 166, "Family Tree"
- House Liao (Capellan Confederation), p. 50, "Finally, A Turnaround".
- House Liao (Capellan Confederation), p. 51, "Maximilian"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 125, "Chandra Ling profile"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 128, "Pavel Ridzik profile".