Touring the Stars: Tyrfing
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Touring the Stars - Tyrfing|
|Type||Source Book Companion|
|Development||Joshua C. Perian|
|Primary writing|| Herbert A. Beas II |
Ray Arrastia (Editing)
|Cover artwork||David Allen Kerber-(Design & Layout)|
|Illustrations|| Ray Arrastia (Maps) |
David Allen Kerber (Maps)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||September 30th, 2016|
|Series||Touring the Stars|
|Preceded by||Touring the Stars: Ionus|
|Followed by||Touring the Stars: Noisiel|
Touring the Stars: Tyrfing (shorted as TtS:Tyrfing) is the twelfth in a series of supplemental Sourcebooks designed to detail worlds featured in the BattleTech Universe. The book is part of a series of in-universe profiles of articles written by Professor Bertram Habeas, in his series of books collectively known as Touring the Stars.
In this book, Mr. Habeas writes up the world of Tyrfing. Tells the tough beginnings of the world during the Terran Alliance early colonization efforts. World founded with corporate interests, with intrigue of hidden colonist smuggled on world unbeknownst it's corporate and recognized colony, to the its brief collapse during the Outer Reaches Rebellion only to be recolonized by the Terran Hegemony. Telling the tales how it survived both Star League Civil War and crushing darkness of the Succession Wars to present day in 3150 despite the planets ragged environmental and social conditions.
This book gives the world's history and current situation during the Late Republic Era or better known as the Dark Age era.
This book marks the beginning of a line of PDF web-exclusive products produced by Catalyst Game Labs both for players using the A Time of War RPG rules and players using the Total Warfare series of books as a backdrop for their game.
|“|| Once an exotic and beautiful planet known for its large, naturally-occurring crystalline formations, Tyrfing was a provincial capital for the defunct Terran Hegemony. Savaged by the Star League Civil War, Tyrfing was damaged beyond repair by a five-way battle between all of the Great Houses during the early Succession Wars. Descending into a dangerous, mutated, feral wasteland, Tyrfing fell off the map. Left to rot, the world is still home to primitive human cultures struggling to survive their deadly world.
Touring the Stars is a whistle-stop tour of the universe! Every system and planet where mankind treads in the BattleTech universe has a story, for those with the drive to explore it. Take a tour of the stars humanity now calls home, experience awesome new worlds, immerse yourself in the local civilization, and prepare to do battle in exotic locales.
- Atlas - History of Tyrfing
- A Time of War Seed (RPG Tracks)
- "It's a party in the Vally and Everyone's Invited!”
- "War of the Mountain Giants!"
- Rules Annex
- TYRFING’S FLORA AND FAUNA (Native Life)
- TYRFING CLANS (Factions)
- GIANT CRYSTALS (Natural Structures)
- Optional Rules
- Four page BattleForce 2 map of Tyrfing
- Unlike other sourcebooks, Touring the Stars - Tyrfing lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled from page headings.