- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
Towne nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||69.265 : 7.961[e]|
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Towne III
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Military Deployment
- 2.3 Geography
- 2.4 Planetary Locations
- 2.5 Industrial Centers
- 2.6 Other Businesses
- 2.7 Local Fauna
- 3 Notes
- 4 Map Gallery
- 5 Nearby Systems
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony
- 2771 - Amaris Empire
- 2773 - Terran Hegemony (from March)
- 2782 - Terran Hegemony
- 2783 - Federated Suns
- 2785 - Draconis Combine
- 2786 - Draconis Combine
- 2822 - Draconis Combine
- 2864 - Draconis Combine
- 2885 - Draconis Combine
- 3025 - Federated Suns
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3067 - Federated Suns
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3132 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3133 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3134 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3135 - Independent World
- 3145 - Draconis Combine
- 3146 - Draconis Combine
- 3149 - Contested (Republic of the Sphere/Draconis Combine) from March
- 3151 - Draconis Combine
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Landmasses||5 (Hyboria, Krom, Fetryl, Howell, Gherst)|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Political Leader||Planetary Governor|
|Military Commander||Legate Jonathan Jurik (3130)|
|HPG Representative||Chief Sacrist|
Discovery and Settlement
The planet was discovered by the scientific community on Terra prior to the invention of the Kearny-Fuchida Drive. Scientists used digitally aligned orbital telescopes which it made possible to spot Terra-sized worlds in other systems, including Towne.
The first attempt to colonize Towne, carried out in the first half of the twenty-second century, failed. A settlement near what would later be named the Brythunia province of Hyboria died off. It was forgotten for centuries until its ruins were found offshore in 3133.
More successful colonization efforts started with a private concern. C. Augustus Pons, a plankton magnate from Terra, backed and paid for Towne's late twenty-second century settlement effort around half a century after the first attempt. The eccentric trillionaire was a fan of author Robert E. Howard. He had the planet's moon named for the adventurer, Conan, and the largest continent named after the Hyborian lands Conan traveled. Pons also named the planet's main city Port Howard after the author.
The first wave of Pons' settlers to arrive on Towne came from the Terran continent of North America. These colonists continued to name various parts of the planet after aspects of Howard's fantasy world, but later settlers didn't.
While under administration of the Terran Alliance Towne was a proprietary colony, with shareholders in charge of the planet. These shareholders prevented the rapid industrialization that occurred during the preparations being made elsewhere for what became known as the Outer Reaches Rebellion. This constraint along with shareholders' desire to prevent overindustrialization also preserved the planet's unusual landmark names as well. With Towne's mineral wealth located beneath its oceans it was less desirable to corporate mining concerns, preventing it from being target of raids.
The final target of Director-General James McKenna's first of many "Campaigns of Persuasion" to bring worlds under the aegis of his newly formed nation, Towne was seized by the Terran Hegemony in 2317.
Falling within the boundary of the Hegemony's Lockdale Province, Towne would be liberated from the grasp of the Amaris Empire by the Star League Defense Force's Task Force Sun during Operation CHIEFTAIN. Landing in February 2773, the SLDF's increasingly brutal Third Army would recapture the world relatively quickly, eliminating all Amaris Empire Armed Forces resistance on Towne in a few short months before moving on strike their next target of Errai in May of the same year.
In 2783, First Prince John Davion of the Federated Suns dispatched forces to claim the Towne. At the time, with the Hegemony's collapse, the planet was viewed by the Federated Suns as one of the few worlds seen worth the effort of securing. Towne had a number of Hegemony industries and quantities of valuable supplies in warehouses across the world, as well as providing a path for the Federated Suns to potentially claim Terra. Towne was taken without opposition. Davion garrisoned the world with elements of the Fifty-sixth Avalon Hussars and 123rd Aerospace Interceptor Wing.
Cooperation within the AFFS was at a historically low ebb at this point, following years of budget cuts to the military transportation budget, leading to units staying on individual worlds for extended periods; this caused an increasing degree of provincialism within the AFFS, both within units and within the command structure. The Fifty-sixth had spent two decades engaged in training exercises against the Fourth Avalon Hussars on Colia in the Draconis March, and was a 'Mech-heavy unit finally coming into its own identity. In contrast, the 123rd was an established unit from Ulan Batar, a world in the Capellan March, and had been attached to the Twelfth Syrtis Fusiliers for a long time - leading to lots of complaints from the Fusiliers at the 123rd being reassigned, despite claims from the High Command that the 123rd's experience was needed to counterbalance the lack of experienced aerospace assets in the Fifty-sixth.
On arrival, the Fifty-sixth took up residence in Port Howard on Hyboria and began drilling and training with the local militia, while performing air patrols of the northern hemisphere. The 123rd established itself in Kale Bay, the second-largest city on Towne and the largest city on the southern continent of Gherst, and conducted patrols of the southern hemisphere. The commanding officers of each unit - Major Colin Wilkins of the Fifty-sixth, and Major Imrich Donner of the 123rd - paid lip service in public to their joint commitment to protect and safeguard the inhabitants of town, but in practice communication between the two commands was poor, to the point of being actively dysfunctional. This led to dire consequences in February 2785, when raiding parties from the Capellan Confederation and the Draconis Combine both appeared in-system.
The first raiding party to be detected was from the Seventh Tikonov Lancers, who had emerged from a Lagrange jump point and were burning towards Fetryl, an undefended continent in Towne's southern hemisphere. While interceptors were scrambling to respond, the second raiding party - this time, the Eighteenth Benjamin Regulars - appeared from behind Conan, having emerged from a jump point behind the shadow of Towne's moon. Where the Seventh was burning for Fetryl, the Eighteenth was heading for Hyborian. The two AFFS commands immediately began arguing over which was the greater threat; Major Wilkins argued that the Benjamin Regulars were likely targeting the planetary capital city, and could be the forefront of a larger incursion. Major Donner argued that the Lancers were the greater threat, and accused Wilkins of allowing his regional bias against the Combine influence his argument. While the two commanding offers argued, the raiding parties both managed to make planetfall, the Regulars' landing being almost unopposed, while the Lancers managed to penetrate the 123rd Aerospace's screen with only minimal damage. Although both raiding parties numbered little more than a reinforced battalion, both were soon wreaking havoc on the ground, burning a trail through undefended warehouses.
The two AFFS commanders realized that their bickering was allowing the raiders to inflict damage, but by the time they agreed on a response, the Lancers were already beginning to fall back; the local militia contingent based in the city of Vale had managed to launch a surprisingly effective guerrilla attack against the Lancers, and the Lancers realized that the militia were willing to fight to hold them up, and allow the AFFS forces to counterattack. Fighters from the 123rd began harassing the Lancers as they fell back, while a detachment from the Fifty-sixth relocated to Fetryl and took over from the local militia. The two commands also launched a joint counterattack against the Eighteenth that, while far from perfect, was enough to convince the Regulars that it was time to leave - but not before the two raiding parties had managed to inflict tens of millions of pounds in damage, loot and destroy seven major warehouses, and kill five thousand civilians and another two hundred and fifty military personnel - almost entirely from the local militia.
Widely regarded as a disaster, the battle on Towne prompted First Prince John Davion to issue the Towne Charter, allowing the citizens of Towne to strengthen their militia and access the military stores in place on Towne, improving their ability to resist raids and invasion. The Combine had recognized how weak the AFFS defenses on Towne were, however. In December 2785 another Combine force appeared; this time, it was the Fifth Dieron Regulars leading the assault, backed up by seven regiments of infantry and aerospace support, and escorted by a small naval flotilla. This time, both AFFS units recognized the threat and requested help, but the AFFS High Command was still locked into entrenched provincial attitudes, and it took two months for relief forces to arrive. When those reinforcements arrived in February 2786 they found that both commands had been wiped out, with the survivors either prisoners of war or fighting as guerrillas alongside the tattered remnants of the planetary militia.
In 2876 Towne was one of the targets of the military campaign instigated by First Prince Carl Davion to retake worlds taken the Draconis Combine. Although he died in effort on David, his campaign reclaimed Towne in progress.
Black Dragon Invasion
In the middle of 3057, the Federated Commonwealth was sundered by the Free Worlds League/Capellan Confederation invasion of the Sarna March. With the secession of Lyran side of the Commonwealth, Towne's garrison forces were stripped to a bare-bones presence.
In January of 3058, the Fifteenth Dieron Regulars led a six-regiment invasion force to take possession of the planet. Frontline units, considered renegades by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery, were supported by Black Dragon-raised regiments staffed with Yakuza thugs. The invasion, which Towne Planetary Chairman, Howard Blaylock, arranged, quickly took control of capital city of Port Howard. On Towne at the time was the mercenary unit known as the Seventeenth Recon Regiment, who had been hired by Chandrasekhar Kurita to reinforce the planet's weakened militia forces.
Those defenders stationed in the planetary capital were forced into hiding in the rural regions of Hyboria. The mercenaries would manage to build up number of local resistance groups with the aid of the Popular Militia. Together, they conducted a low-level guerrilla war, which whittled down the occupying Black Dragon forces. By April after the Planetary Chairman's execution of a number of Seventeenth Recon Regiment officers and making threats against their children, the Seventeenth launched what became known as the Battle for Port Howard. As 'Mechs of the Seventeenth Recon fought Black Dragon 'Mechs, a commando team led by Lt. JG Cassie Suthorn penetrated the city Administration Building and freed the Seventeenth's dependents. The battle ended when Suthorn managed to capture the invasion's commander and had him commit ritual suicide, captured on holovid broadcast. The death of the invasion commander ended the conflict on Towne.
During the Jihad, the Word of Blake added Towne to the Word of Blake Protectorate. In January 3075 the Opacus Venatori were active on Towne; while the events around their activity on Towne were unclear, the Blakist unit did find and destroy all of the rebel forces that the Black Widow Company had inserted onto Towne the year before.
As a part of Operation SCOUR, the allied coalition invasion of the Protectorate, Towne was raided for reconnaissance information by allied scouts on the 12th of February 3077. The scouts confirmed that not only were there more than two regiments of Protectorate Militia forces on Towne, but there was also a limited but functioning SDS network protecting the world, and that the Blakists were using a large DropShip facility on the planet to convert civilian vessels into Pocket WarShips.
The information on the facilities constructed on Towne by the Word of Blake was obtained by Captain Ross McKinnon and the Fox's Teeth, who would return with Group I of the Federated Suns task force as a part of SCOUR in April 3077. The Word of Blake had heavily fortified their DropShip facility, located deep within a mountain range on the continent of Howell, and protected it with formidable defenses, including capital missile launchers. This became the site of the fiercest struggle during the campaign to liberate Towne, with the Blakists nearly defeating the combined forces of Group I - believed to consist of the Third Free Worlds Legionnaires, Fifth Crucis Lancers and Fifteenth Arcturan Guards. The defenses proved to be almost as tough as one of the Castle Brian complexes created during the era of the Star League, and drove the coalition troops to desperate measures; Princess Regent Yvonne Steiner-Davion personally authorized the use of orbital bombardment to crack the fortifications, and the Fox-class WarShip FSS Indefatigable moved in response.
As the Indefatigable moved towards Towne, it triggered another layer of defenses in the system that the various DropShips of Group I had failed to trigger; even as the Fox's Teeth were making a dangerous raid on the surface of the planet to disable the capital missile launchers there, hidden missile launchers within the system targeted the Indefatigable. Launch platforms disguised as ore processing stations within the Towne asteroid belt launched dozens of missiles, inflicting heavy damage on the Indefatigable and nearly stymied the liberation effort. As it was, the Indefatigable managed to make it to orbit and bombard the Blakists defenses, allowing Group I to take the planet. The campaign took four weeks from start to finish, and while the Fifteenth Arcturan Guards were ready to deploy on their next operation on the 22nd of April, the other elements of Group I would continue to rebuild on Towne for some time.
The SDS system in the asteroid field around Towne was subsequently determined to be a prototype of the Dragon's Breath Multiple Capital Missile Launch System equipped with conventional missiles, rather than the nuclear weapons later systems would deploy. The successful activation of the SDS network in the Towne system and the damage inflicted on the Indefatigable would turn out to be an unusually successful performance for the SDS system, with later systems inflicted less damage on average.
With the liberation of the Word of Blake Protectorate, Towne, along with other former worlds of the Protectorate, became part of the Republic of the Sphere in 3081. The abundant mineral deposits on Towne continued to form the base of Towne's economy during the Dark Age, although other substantial industries on Towne included cattle ranching and hardwoods. The nature of the economy of Towne saw regular imports of IndustrialMechs, particularly those associated with construction, mining and forestry. Despite centuries of conflict Towne remained a ruggedly beautiful world; the majority of the population continued to live on the northern continent of Hyboria and the southern continent of Gherst, while Krom - located at the south pole - the northern island continent of Howell and the temperate southern continent of Fetryl remaining sparsely populated at best. While Port Howard remained the planetary capital and the site of the Prince John Spaceport, the water-port city of Kale bay on Gherst was the second-largest city on the planet.
The Blackout of August 3132 initially struck Towne hard. Days after Gray Monday, Towne suffered economic trouble, riots, and tensions between residents from different Successor States. It took until 28 October for a DropShip, the Danny Cunningham, to arrive with any news from abroad. Towne’s HPG station still functioned, attracting partisans of the Dragon's Fury, who took over the station to spread recruitment messages on 6 November. Republic forces pushed them out on 16 November, discovering the corpse of Sacrist Giovan Benetti.
In the months immediately following the Blackout, Towne went through a range of major changes. The crisis drove shifts in planetary politics. Some residents turned to the separatist groups plaguing the Republic, demonstrating in support of the Dragon's Fury or joining the pro–Federated Suns Citizens for Tomorrow. Many citizens turned inwards, bringing the previously weak security-oriented and isolationist Towne-First party a strong first place finish in the January 3133 planetary elections.
Security was a major concern. Even in the early months of the Blackout, Towne did not entirely avoid the conflicts overtaking the Republic. Beyond the pro–Dragon’s Fury attack on Towne’s HPG, in December 3132, debris from a small clash involving the Spirit Cats was found in the Vanarium Planetary Reserve. With armed conflict close to Towne, from August 3132 onward the defense industry grew, with several new military equipment manufacturers forming. By April 3133, the defense industry’s growth was driving an economic boom, unemployment hitting its lowest point in a decade. Meanwhile, in February 3133, the government organized a large expansion of the local militia, with the yearly enlistment drive finding record numbers. This was supplemented in August with elements of the Twenty-first Centauri Lancers.
Not everyone supported the militarization of Towne. An anti-war movement consistently opposed the shift, to little effect. Roberta Lee, alongside two other members of Towne’s Parliament, organized a hundreds-strong rally against the February 3133 militia expansion announcement. Groups such as Citizens for Peace and Prosperity, the Hope Foundation, and Towne Against Nuclear Power set themselves against the expansion of military and military-adjacent manufacturing across the planet.
Meanwhile, Towne attracted travelers seeking to escape the fighting that engulfed the Republic. Some were refugees from Addicks, who arrived in November 3132 after their planet was attacked by the Dragon’s Fury. They began to return home in April 3133, once the fighting on Addicks was clearly over. Others were tourists - by the start of 3133, Towne’s tourist industry was booming, the previously rarely visited planet gaining a reputation as a place of quiet in a Republic in conflict. Towne hosted major events, including an expanded version of the Galaxy of Classics classic vehicle show in February 3133 and the 39th annual Golden Sun Awards in June. Tourism-related construction projects surged similarly to the defense industry, particularly in the popular Rerani Coast and Circle Bay areas.
While calm compared to its neighbors, Towne was not without trouble. Towne was notable during the 3130s for the active presence of the White Hand, a neo-Blakist faction dedicated to collapsing the Republic of the Sphere and installing some form of neo-Blakist rule over the planet. Led by a figure known as "Precentor Maximian", the White Hand were initially believed to be simply a group claiming connections to the Word of Blake as a form of scare tactic to intimidate the local population, but Republic Intelligence began uncovering connections in the mid-3130s between the White Hand and a number of other known neo-Blakist organizations active within the Republic of the Sphere and outside the Republic's borders, including on a number of former Free Worlds League worlds. On 21 April 3133, the group bombed the Gherstwood Mall, killing dozens. As well, starting in February 3133, a serial killer murdered residents of the "Little Luthien" area of Kordava. The so-called "Little Luthien" Killer, also known as the "Kappa", was Towne's worst serial killer in over 50 years. Eventually, with the help of Knight-Errant Kristoff Erbe, an arrest was made on 27 May, and the killings came to an end.
Stormhammers Raid, 3133
In late August 3133, the Stormhammers rebel faction launched a raid on Towne. The attack was one of a number of actions conducted by elements of the Stormhammers in quick succession in order to broadcast Jasek Kelswa-Steiner’s call to House Steiner loyalists to raise support for the Stormhammers and their goal of seeing former Federation of Skye worlds reincorporated back into the Lyran Commonwealth. The battle on Towne was notable for the heaviest fighting seen by the Stormhammers during this phase of Jasek's campaign, as the planetary government on Towne had hired the Twenty-first Centauri Lancers as a local garrison, and the Stormhammers' Lyran Rangers contingent ran straight into the Lancers while attempting to capture Towne's functioning HPG. Despite the Lancers' fierce defense of Towne, the Rangers were able to capture the HPG long enough to complete their mission. The defenders, led by Knight-Errant Kristoff Erbe, repelled the raiders after a few days of fighting.
After the Raid
The Stormhammers raid marked a turning point for Towne. In the long run, the attack drove Towne to increase security. Additional forces and security measures were placed in and around the HPG compound, and by February 3134, additional mercenaries were hired. As well, Towne's tourist industry suffered after the attack, with tourist interest declining and development projects delayed. Damage from the Stormhammers' attack also led to the local INN planetwide network's shutdown in March 3134.
The Draconis Combine invested significantly in Towne, including after the activation of Fortress Republic and the Republic's withdrawal from the planet. By 3145, the Combine controlled Towne.
As part of Operation ERUPTIO, the Republic's Eleventh Principes Guards and Second Fides Defenders struck Towne in early 3149, destroying the Combine planetary militia, shattering the local government, and seizing control of the HPG. Their HPG broadcasts encouraged dissent on planet and spread disinformation to other Combine systems. After promising Republic support, the Republic forces left the planet shortly afterwards, leaving Towne engulfed in a civil war between Republic and Combine supporters. This caused further catastrophe: terrorist attacks destroyed key medical supplies, allowing an outbreak of the Hyborian Blood Plague to run rampant across the planet. As the fighting went on, on 24 December, Santana's Slayers arrived with a DropShip carrying antigens, only to crash amidst a severe snowstorm. The mercenaries and their cargo were captured by local bandits, the Beastlords. A team of freelance mercenaries attempted to recover the captives and the medical supplies, to unknown result.
- Fifty-sixth Avalon Hussars
- Local combined arms planetary garrison forces.
Towne is a slightly cooler Terra-like world, which is geologically young and active. The planet boasts good mineral and lumber wealth. Towne is slightly smaller than Terra but denser; the many active volcanoes and other geological activities continue to give the impression that the world is bigger than it actually is. Possessed of large mountains, deep oceans and a diverse ecosphere, the apex of the native lifeforms on the planet is the Eiglotherium, a giant, shaggy, six-legged creature.
The planet has five continents, which were named for various aspects of ancient science fiction author, Robert E. Howard and his fiction-fantasy book series, Conan the Barbarian. The Conan mythos was also the source of the name given to Towne's moon, Conan. Its continents are named Hyboria, Krom, Fetryl, Howell, and Gherst. Towne has abundant deposits of metallic ores, particularly copper, although the majority of the deposits are located under the various planetary oceans.
- Fetryl (continent)
- Gherst (continent)
- Howell (continent)
- Black Coast: a region
- Hyboria (continent)
- Argos Province
- Brythunia Province
- Eiglophian Mountains
- Gunderland Province
- Hyborian Plateau
- Koth Province
- Port Howard: Located in Circle Bay on the western coast of the Hyborian mainland, it was the first city established on planet, and is the planetary capital. It also hosts the HPG station. As of November 3132, the population was about 2 million.
- Evermore Park
- Green Hovermotive: a hovercraft dealership and repair shop, active in 3133
- Landerscholt & Sons: an investment bank
- Morris Motors
- Prince John Spaceport: Towne's primary spaceport
- Prince Ian Memorial Hospital
- Phoenix district
- Towne Museum of Science and History
- University of Towne
- Stygia Province: a tropical region
- Trascio: a mining port city
- Turan Province
- Zamora Province
- Zingara Province
- Kordava: a port city
- A memorial to the "Little Luthien" Killer's victims, a marble column with their names engraved, dedicated in February 3134.
- "Little Luthien": the south side districts of Kordava as of the Republic era, named for the large number of Draconis Combine migrants.
- Theopolis: a small town north of Kordava
- Kordava: a port city
- Krom (continent)
- Alkmeenon: a city
- Carlisle Expo Center
- Corsair Valley: home of a Whisper Vehicles manufacturing plant
- Fairfax: a city
- Haitiana Province
- Mount Yimsha: an inhabited area
- New Brisbane
- Tereborian Mountains
- Towne Center for Mental Powers
- Towne Museum of History
- Uncle Chandy's Dude Ranch
- Vanarium Planetary Reserve: a desert park reserve
- Yimsha City: a city on or near Mount Yimsha
- Federated Suns History and Heritage Center: active during the Republic era
- Antonelli Militechnologies, Inc.
- Connor Industrial Ltd.
- Kohlat Industries
- Morris Motors
- PlasmaTech Enterprises
- Whisper Vehicles
- Aquilonia Futures Development
- Cabo Industries
- InterStar Unlimited Exchange
- Myers Universal Solutions, Incorporated
- Norne Aerospace Corporation (bankrupt in December 3132)
- Prince John Express Lines
- Tauranian-Hyborian Metals
- Towne Charters: acquired by Prince John Express Lines in 3125
- Towne Inquisitor
- Towne Mining, Incorporated
- Towne-Wide Entertainment
- Turanian Transport Company
- The brewer of Frost Giant's Daughter
- In Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, Port Howard is occasionally referred to mistakenly as Port Arthur.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 69: "Towne World Profile"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. xi: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118: "Digesting the Hegemony"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 59: "The Towne Debacle"
- First Succession War, p. 28
- First Succession War, p. 25
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- First Succession War, p. 113
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 76: "Good Plan, Unexpected End"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), foldout: "Federated Suns Map -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), foldout: "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 71
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43
- Starterbook Wolf and Blake, p. 13: Word of Blake Protectorate's 3072 Map - Towne shown to be part of the Blakist Protectorate as of 3072
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 19
- Field Report: Clans, p. 29
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Royal Fantasy, p. 8: "Warrior Profile: Eileen Woods"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 66: "Fear and Confusion"
- Shrapnel, Issue #11: "Comin' to Towne: A Role-Playing Adventure"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103
- Hearts of Chaos
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 67: "An Address from Governor Renee Oscar"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 62: "Towne Governor Announces "Siege... has come to an end.""
- Hearts of Chaos, pp. 119–120: "Planet's discovery, colonization and unusual naming practice origin"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 133: "Archaeologists: Brythunia Find Predates Pons"
- Hearts of Chaos, pp. 120–121: "Planet's tidbits of history of the planet leading to the Towne Succession War events"
- The Star League, p. 17: "Terra's Errant Flock"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 134–137: "Return to the Hegemony - Operation CHIEFTAIN - Heavy Metal - Federated Suns Front - Follow-On Actions"
- First Succession War, pp. 23, 26: "Towne"
- Hearts of Chaos, pp. 113, 121: Towne Charter that grants people right to bear arms legally by long ago Prince John Davion
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 60: "The Towne Debacle" - Towne changes hands after the fall of the Hegemony
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 55: "Timeline: First Succession War" - Dates of the Kurita/Capellan Raids and Towne's capture noted
- Handbook: House Davion, pp. 61–62, 70: "Second Succession War Map & Pendragon, Third Succession War Map" - Towne still Combine world in 2864, but was noted as targeted world Prince Carl's campaign. Towne is shown as part of FedSuns as of 3025
- Heart of Chaos, - Snapshot of events on Towne from novel
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 36: "Chasing Shadows"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 36: "Tragedy On Demeter"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 37: "The Tale of Towne"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 86–87: "Dragon's Breath Multiple Capital Launch System"
- Field Manual: 3085, Republic Armed Forces Deployment Map - October 3085 - Towne shown in the newly formed Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 56: "HPG Goes Down, Cause Still Unknown"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 57: "DropShip Arrives, Brings First News From Off-World"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 60: "Voice of the Dragon Controls Towne HPG Station"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 62: "Towne Governor Announces 'Siege... has come to an end.'"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 64: "Dragon's Fury Supporters Clash with Addicks Refugees"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 155: "Citizens for Tomorrow Gathers on Towne"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 97: "Elections Go On Despite Uncertain Times"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 82: "Spirit Cats on Towne?"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 85: "Defense Industry Booming On Towne"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 149: "Unemployment Rate Hits Ten-Year Low"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 100: "Citizens Leap To Towne's Defense"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 104: "Enlistment Soars After Port Howard Drive"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 214: "Jurik: Centauri Lancers Coming to Towne"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 110: "Towne Arms Race"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 143: "Protests Disrupt Gunderland Power Groundbreaking Ceremony"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 63: "Addicks Refugees Arrive on Towne - Report 'Addicks at War'"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 138: "Addicks Refugees to Return Home"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 83: "Travelers Flock to Towne"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 112: "Thousands Flock to See the Classics"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 181: "Entertainment's Finest Flock to Towne for 3133 Golden Sun Awards"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 190: "Rerani Coast, Circle Bay Favorites Among Developers, Tourists"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 22: "Other Groups"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 147: "Gherstwood Mall Explosion Kills 30, White Hand Claims Responsibility"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 122: "'Little Luthien' Killer Claims Fifth Victim"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 171: "CAPTURED! 'Little Luthien' Killer Nabbed in Kordava Shootout!"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 7: "Important Military Actions of 3133"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 237: "Stormhammers, Supporters Withdraw After Port Howard Clash"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 314: "After the Stormhammers: A Look Back"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 328: "Oscar: More Mercenaries for Towne"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 339: "Official: Delays May Doom Otherworld Theme Park"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 364: "03/09/3134"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 4: "Functional Republic HPGs as of 01 January 3135"
- Dark Age: LinkNet Articles (3136), p. 64: "Opinions Sharply Divided on Towne"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 60: "The Towne Debacle" - original FedSuns garrison force
- First Succession War, p. 134: "First Succession War Deployment Table - AFFS"
- 20 Year Update, p. 19: "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Hearts of Chaos, pp. 101–102: "Surviving local troops on Towne after FedCom forces withdrew from the planet"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103: 1st and 2nd Protectorate Militia units noted (Notation they do exist and how they are named. No fluff)
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 184: Republic Standing Guard - Section regarding the Republic Standing Guard makes clear each world gets a unit. This would include Towne
- Hearts of Chaos, p. 120: "Towne's smaller, denser than Terra, but its activities makes planet appear bigger"
- Heart of Chaos, p. 119: origin of planet's names for its landmasses and moon
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 140: "Fetryl Floods Kill 15, Leave 4,000 Homeless"
- DA Republic Worlds, p. 69: Towne - details of the city of Kale Bay on Towne
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 141: "Branch, Towne-First Praise Myers Solar Energy Complex"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 81: "Weather Balloon Frightens Howell"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 347: "Senator McCoy’s Daughter Kidnapped!"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 150: "Mountain Tantari Herds Return to Eiglophian Range
- DA Republic Worlds, p. 69: Towne - details of the city of Port Howard on Towne
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 124: "War Fears, Communications Woes Still Plague Republic Stock Exchange"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 102: "Relic Stolen, No Suspects"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 99: "Serpent Siren Sighted near Stygian Mining Platform"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 116: "Oscar: Turan Province Crash Site Result of Space Battle over Towne"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 327: "Memorial to "Little Luthien" Victims Dedicated"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 165: "Woman Disappears as 'Kappa' Demands Knight Return Home, Threatens More Killings"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, pp. 153–154: "'Little Luthien' Killer Returns, Claims Seventh Victim"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 93: "Bannson Industries, PJEL, Vie for Bankrupt Norne Aerospace
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 72: "Devlin Stone Back From the Dead, On Towne"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 151: "History for Sale: FedCom Aficionado Selling Legendary Collection"
- File:MWDALinkNet Ad 003.jpg from LinkNet, INN period
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 301: "The JumpShip Couriers: Pony Express for the Dark Age"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 71: "Comstar [sic] INN Updates"
- Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2, p. 29: "Uncle Chandy - Gamemaster's Section - Holdings - Turanian Transport Company - Towne Mining, Incorporated"
- Hearts of Chaos, ch. 15
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, pp. 173–174: "Erbe Declares Manhunt after Ninth "Kappa" Victim Escapes Killer"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN
- Dark Age: LinkNet Articles (3136)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Digest: Dark Age
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Experimental Technical Readout: Royal Fantasy
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: DCMS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Hearts of Chaos (novel)
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Shattered Fortress
- Shrapnel, Issue #11