- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Mission|| Battle Armor Transport |
Infantry Fire Support Vehicle
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||ArchShield Maxi II|
|Engine||GoreTex 255 Fusion|
|Communications System||Olmstead 3000 with Guardian ECM & C3 Slave|
|Targeting Tracking System||Omicron X|
The Trajan Assault Infantry Fighting Vehicle (abbreviated Trajan AIFV), is a combat vehicle produced for the Republic of the Sphere as transportation for their Battle Armor forces. The vehicle was originally conceived for the Word of Blake's Protectorate Militias forces to allow them to transport their large motorized and conventional infantry forces during the Jihad.
The vehicle first appeared in combat on Wasat in 3077 as the Palmoni AIFV. The vehicle came as a surprise to the Allied Coalition. However, it was not popular with Coalition forces and the vehicles were usually left behind for new planetary militias to use. With the formation of the Republic of the Sphere, the vehicle's makers decided to rebrand it in a bid to meet the Republic's need for a Battle Armor Transport vehicle.
The Trajan's selling point is its large 8 ton Infantry Transport Bay, which allows the largest of Battle Armor to be moved into position on the battlefield with some ease. The vehicle is protected by 13.5 tons of standard armor to insure its cargo and crew get to its destination intact. The Trajan features a C3 Slave Computer and Guardian ECM to bolster its usefulness on the battlefield.
Weapons and Equipment
The Trajan's main weapons are found in the vehicle's turret. They include a pair of 7-tubed Multi-Missile Launchers, an Extended Range Medium Laser, and a Light Class 5 Autocannon. These weapons make up the bulk of the vehicle's firepower. The MMLs and LAC/5 have 4 and 2 tons of ammunition respectively.
To help cope with infantry, the vehicle has four Light Machine Guns mounted in pairs on each of the vehicle's flanks. The vehicle also features a pair of Anti-Missile Systems mounted on its front. These weapons have been given 1 and 2 tons of ammo respectively.
- Trajan (ICE)
- This second version of the Word of Blake vehicle remains in service with the Republic of the Sphere as of 3076. Intended for second line troops such as the Protectorate Militia, this vehicle is powered by an Internal Combustion Engine. This version of the vehicle drops one of the AMS and the Medium Laser. Its missile launchers are swapped for a single LRM 10 rack and a Streak SRM 6. BV(2.0)= 1,043
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 466-47, "Trajan Assault Infantry Fighting Vehicle"
- MUL online data for the Trajan
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Wasat Falls" - Year of liberation of Wasat noted.
- MUL online data for the Palmoni Assault Infantry Fighting Vehicle (Standard)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 65
- MUL online data for the Trajan Assault Infantry Fighting Vehicle (ICE) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 64