Trial by Chaos
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Trial by Chaos|
|Author||J. Steven York|
|Cover artwork||(no attribution)|
|First published||6 June 2006|
|Era||Dark Age era|
|Series||MechWarrior: Dark Age Novels|
|Preceded by||Blood Avatar|
|Followed by||Principles of Desolation|
From the back cover
|“|| The Raging Bears have begun their occupation of the planet Vega with the hope of restoring order on a planet beset by violence and civil ruin. But their bold move to stabilize Prefecture I for The Republic of the Sphere may prove to be the chance their enemies have waited for...
While the military takeover of Vega was no great challenge, setting up a new planetary government and restoring the infrastructure of civilization have proven to be far more difficult for the peacekeeping forces of the Rasalhague Dominion. There remains an underground resistance that refuses to cease fire, and the Bears suspect that the Draconis Combine is secretly supporting the rebellion. As the Combine threatens them from without, the Bears also find themselves plagued by betrayal and deception from within. Unless they can expose the rival elements in their Clan, they may end up as fodder for destruction...