- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Trireme Infantry Transport|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Use||Battle Armor Transport|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||VTOL (Large)|
|Power Plant||Fusion Engine|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 3|
|BV (2.0)|| 123|
The Trireme is a VTOL Support vehicle designed to transport large formations of Battle Armor troops to back areas of combat zones. Michaelson Heavy Industries' design won the bid for the newly formed Republic of the Sphere's RAF Quartermasters office need for Battle Armor transport.
Equipment and Capabilities
Focused on its role as a Transport, the vehicle dedicates much of its transport capacity to its cargo bay. The 36 ton Cargo Bay capacity allows for the transport of 2 Platoons of Battle Armor and supporting equipment, or an entire Battalion worth of Battle Armor. The troops exit the vehicle would depart through the rear door of the VTOL.
The craft is not intended for front line combat, so its hull is protected by only one ton of Commercial Armor. Its Fusion Engine allows the craft to reach up to nearly 100 kilometers per-hour, but it is still considered slower than a typical VTOL transport of the era.
- Combat Support (CS)
- A variant designed to help the design to cope with some combat threats, this model is noted only having a cargo capacity reduced in half. The Trireme's engine is upgraded it to allow to handle additional armor and increasing of its speed to 120 km/h. It is also noted for inclusion of paired SRM-2s and a Guardian ECM Suite. BV(2.0)=417
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 22-23, "Trireme Infantry Transport"
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 75
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 76
- MUL online entry for the Trireme (CS) variant