- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Detroit Consolidated Aerospace|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Frame||Mujika Aerospace Version V|
|Power Plant||Magna 260 XL|
|Communications System||Ceres MaserCom Variable 3s|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Dwyerson Upgrade Multitask Version 3|
|Heat Sinks||17 Double Heat Sinks|
While the Taurians were initially happy with the increased flow of technology to the Concordat from the Capellan Confederation as part of the Trinity Alliance, the Taurian Defense Force grumbled at the first advanced 'Mech produced by the newly upgraded Detroit Consolidated MechWorks. Though the Anubis was the height of new-tech, it was poorly designed and intended only for a limited-use role, leading the Taurians to forment more general-purpose designs using advanced technology.
After long negotiations a deal was cemented to construct Detroit Consolidated Aerospace, a production facility capable of producing an advanced new-tech fighter. Using the Capellan's expertise from the co-development of the Defiance OmniFighter with the Word of Blake, Magistracy supplied manpower and extensive Concordat funding, the end-result was a new-tech showpiece.
Flying its first mission in 3065, the Troika makes use of all the latest technologies of the era, utilizing an Magna 260 XL Engine, seventeen Double Heat Sinks and twelve and half tons of Detroit Special Ferro-Aluminum armor equipped with Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment for the protection of the pilot. While expensive to maintain and produce, the TDF was very pleased with the end-result, less so the knowledge that as the Troika was designed under banner of the Trinity Alliance that the balance of its production runs have to be evenly shared among all three members.
Weapons and Equipment
The Troikas primary armament are the Kajuka Type III ER PPC and Kajuka Type V ER Medium Laser parings carried in each wing, supported by a nose mounted Tomodzuru LRM-20 rack. While the large number of double heat sinks allow the energy weapons to fire near continuously, the missile launcher and its three ton CASE protected ammo bay were specially designed to accommodate any of the Confederation's new Thunder LRM variants as well as standard missiles.
- Making extensive use of the cost effective Rocket Launchers available to both the Concordat and Magistracy, the 4U variant replaces the LRM launcher and CASE with five Rocket Launcher 20s in the nose and two Rocket Launcher 15s in the wings, also adding two additional heat sinks. BV (1.0)= 1,802 BV (2.0) = 1,790
- CMT-3TV Troika Victor
- The custom Troika variant used by Capellan pilot Victor Janko combines several Clan-spec weapons systems on a standard Troika frame. The long range firepower is based on the experimental Streak LRM-20 and paired Clan ER PPCs. For close in firepower, an ER Medium Pulse Laser is carried in each wing. BV (2.0) = 2,975
- MUL online date for the Troika
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 119
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 258
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 120
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 259
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 260
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 209
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao, p. 12
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 148-149