Trondheim (Individual JumpShip)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
The Trondheim was a JumpShip of unspecified type, described as a former freighter JumpShip that could no longer perform its hauling duty. It was one of the Vagabond School ships that were purchased by the Federated Suns' Ministry of Education in the early 31st century to counter the rampant illiteracy and lack of education in some of the realm's regions, particularly the outback. To this end the Trondheim and its sister ships were repaired and refitted into a floating school, staffed with teachers, and sent to the star sytems in question.
The Vagabond Schools were notoriously ramshackle and in frequent need of repairs; breakdowns and accidents were common.
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 160, "Vagabond Schools"