Turning Points: Arcturus
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Turning Points: Arcturus|
|Development||Ben H. Rome|
|Primary writing||Joshua C. Perian|
|Cover artwork||Ray Arrastia-(Design)|
|Illustrations||Ray Arrastia, Jason Vargas, David Kerber-(Evolved Faction Logos), Aaron Pollyea Original the Arcturus Map|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||June 18th, 2015|
|Preceded by||Turning Points: Irian|
|Followed by||Turning Points: Epsilon Eridani|
Turning Points: Arcturus (shorted as TP:Arcturus) is part of the Turning Points series, the seventh release of a PDF web exclusive product series by Catalyst Game Labs in the Jihad Era. The product uses the Chaos Campaign rules and provides a campaign setting for players fighting on Arcturus. The book allows for players to fight with small size forces up to planetary scale combat. Also included are the standard Random Assignment Tables, world information on Arcturus, unit briefs, scenarios tracks, and two unique BattleMech variants.
The campaign centers on the formation of the Coalition mercenaries assembled by Kurita noble Chandrasekhar Kurita. "Uncle Chandy" has waged his own private campaign against the Word of Blake from the beginning of the Jihad. He was among the first to learn of the "Hidden Five" Worlds that the Word of Blake had kept secret. Using all his resources he obtained a journal which would be the key to finding one of these worlds, the so-called Ruins of Gabriel.
However, Manei Domini Precentor Berith would learn of Kurita's success and that he had assembled a coalition of elite mercenary units on Arcturus. Berith launched a massive attack to kill Uncle Chandy and reclaim the journal.
|“|| As the Jihad unfolded, Chandrasekhar Kurita fought a one-man war against the Blakists when others would not. From the cradle of the Lyran Commonwealth, Kurita built a coalition of mercenaries to expose one of the Word’s darkest—and turn the Inner Sphere against their real enemy.
But the Word of Blake had other plans. To protect their secrets, they launched an invasion of Arcturus to punish Kurita and his mercenary cohorts. Led by a vicious Shadow Division and one of their best operatives, the battle for Arcturus became more than just survival as the very fate of the Inner Sphere hung in the balance.
This campaign series uses the Chaos Campaign rules and gives players the option of fighting individual battles, following a campaign arc, or inserting it into their own campaigns. This PDF exclusive includes a rundown of the forces involved in the conflict and several tracks that players can use to recreate the entire violent conflict on Arcturus. The only limits are the players’ imaginations.
- "The Gift of Faith"
- Map of Arcturus
- Description of Arcturus
- The Arcturus Campaign
- Random Assignment Table
- Chaos Irregulars - Mercenaries (Chandrasekhar Kurita's Coalition)
- Crescent Hawks - Mercenaries (Chandrasekhar Kurita's Coalition)
- Devil's Brigade - Mercenaries (Chandrasekhar Kurita's Coalition)
- McFadden's Sky Riders - Mercenaries (Chandrasekhar Kurita's Coalition)
- Periphery Star Guard - Mercenaries (Chandrasekhar Kurita's Coalition)
- Star Seeds - Mercenaries (Chandrasekhar Kurita's Coalition)
- Fortieth Shadow Division - (Word of Blake)
- Second Division - (Word of Blake)
- Opacus Venatori - (Word of Blake)
- Burr's Black Cobras - Mercenaries (Word of Blake)
- Orbital Intrigue
- Fire and Ice
- Sentenced to Death
- Devil's Cauldron
- Chaos at Dawn
- Broken Wing
- Please Welcome Our Guest
- Record Sheets
- Four page BattleForce 2 map of Irian
Unlike other sourcebooks, Turning Points: Arcturus lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled from page headings.
It should be noted that this product marks change in naming of Turning Point products. TP: Arcturus was originally announced as Jihad Turning Points: Arcturus but was renamed, with further Turning Point books no longer noted by Era. Time/Era is only being noted by Era Icons only printed on the product.