- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
This article needs additional citations for verification.
|Safe Thrust||2 g|
|Max Thrust||3 g|
|Armor||Fore: 28 |
|Heat Sinks||126 (252)|
The Union-C-class DropShip is a redesign of the venerable Union to better suit Clan needs, as the older ships taken from the Inner Sphere were no longer compatible with the Clans' military organization. The ship can carry a whole trinary of OmniMechs while being better armored and armed than its precursor. This does, however, come at the cost of an aerospace fighter complement.
The weaponry of the Union-C is based on laser weapons plus Gauss rifles and LRMs, but the ship was not designed for long fights as its ammunition can be depleted within 10 minutes. The Union-C matches the upgraded Union that was introduced by Inner Sphere forces in weaponry, though the Clan ship boasts better heat management and superior armor.
Up to 520 tons of cargo can be carried inside the DropShip separated into three decks—two for 'Mechs (5 on top and 10 on bottom) and one for miscellaneous cargo. The ship features 3 Escape Pods.
Original Union-C from TRO:3057
- Technical Readout: 3057, p. 80