- Community Outreach - Pajama Boy Talks About Making Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves
- MechWarrior 5 Mod Editor Has Been Released
- Community Outreach - CJF Dolgfer Roshak And Lego BattleTech
- Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves, Releases Demo
- All I Want For Christmas Is My Whitworth In MechWarrior 5
- Read more →
Unukalhai nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-46.273 : 69.75[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Xela, Yordana)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Falco Seazar (Governor)|
Cossetta Geanna (Planetary Legate)
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
Unukalhai was successfully colonized by humanity on the second attempt. During the initial exodus from Terra colonists drawn from the region known as the Middle East attempted to settle on Unukalhai, but swiftly discovered something that the initial surveys of the world had missed: while Unukalhai had appeared to be suitable for human habitation, there was actually a biological taint in the atmosphere and water on the planet that made breathing impossible without a respirator and made the soil unfit to be used for supporting human life.
The colonists decided to abandon their efforts to colonize Unukalhai and instead attempted to relocate elsewhere, finally settling on the planet Zebenschamali, after reporting the problems with life on Unukalhai back to Terra. The information on the biological taint present on Unukalhai was evidently never received, as a second wave of colonists was dispatched to settle the world. The second wave consisted of colonists drawn from the islands known as Hawai'i and the countries of south east Asia, and once they made planetfall the colonists resolved not to abandon Unukalhai but instead to perservere and attempt to form a long-term colony on the planet.
The colonists slowly reclaimed a region of arable land on the massive continent located on the equator of Unukalhai, which the colonists named Luahali and which became the site of both the planetary capital city, Wanalulu, and the main spaceport. Reclaiming this land took centuries and a lot of brisk trade with colonies on surrounding systems, during which time the colonists had to live in enclosed settlements and travel in environmentally-sealed vehicles, but eventually at some point during the Age of War the natives identified native antitoxin that allowed them to live on the planet with minimal side-effects. Thanks to that antitoxin the colonists could live much more comfortably on Unukalhai, breathing the air, eating native plants and drinking the local water. During the Star League era this antitoxin was further refined, eliminating the side effects of the original, and with the new antitoxin available the number of settlements on Unukalhai exploded, with both the northern continent of Awalia and the southern continent of Lukahanna being actively settled as the colonists established new towns and cities all over their world. The antitoxin was also made available to those visiting Unukalhai, with travelers stopping to acquire the antitoxin at the jump point station.
Unukalhai lacked the significant resources needed to make it a tempting target for conquest or raiding, and it survived the upheavals of the Succession Wars and even the Jihad largely undisturbed and undamaged, although its close proximity to Skye made it a popular jump-off site for strikes into the Lyran Commonwealth and a site occasionally used by the military for R&R.
| Closest 64 systems (61 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Kaus Media||55.0||Eaton||55.1||New Wessex||55.3||Haddings||55.9|
|Vega||56.4||Laiaka||56.5||Yed Prior||56.5||Cor Caroli||56.6|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 224, "Unukalhai World Profile"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. vii, "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 21, "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 135, "Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 168, "Alpha Galaxy (Clan Jade Falcon)"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130