- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
Please DO NOT edit this article. This exists on a user's personal sub-page and is identified with that user. If you have any comments as to how the page can be improved or wish to provide a review, please do so on the article's Discussion page. However, the contents of this page have no relationship to nor bearing on the mainspace articles and should not be modified by anyone other than the user or an admin.
|Unit Profile (as of 2840)|
|Nickname||The Frost Maidens|
The 1st Yuki-Onna was an experimental all-women regiment created between the First Succession War and the Second Succession War by a mania-induced order from the increasingly more insane Jinjiro Kurita. The unit defected sometime during the Second Succession War.
Colours and Insignia
The insignia of the Frost Maidens is typically displayed on the unit's left shoulder or wing. It is a stylised white female form with long flowing black hair set on a red field. The House Kurita dragon crest is displayed on the unit's right shoulder or wing.
The 1st Yuki-Onna regiment usually paint their units in parade colours - white with a black trim, unless the mission requires them to be less noticable, in which case they opt for black-trimmed camouflage.
The Frost Maidens were created between the First and Second Succession Wars when one of Jinjiro Kurita's officers noted the number of women willing to fight for the Dragon. That, coupled with the supposed fact that women can do multiple tasks at the same time, intruiged Jinjiro. And, during one of his moments of insanity, he ordered the creation of an all-women regiment. As such, a number of military academies opened their doors to women sometime towards the end of the First Succession War. The regiment was mostly complete by 2825 and was ordered to the Periphery border of the Pesht District shortly after due to Jinjiro's growing fear of an attack from beyond the Periphery.
Second Succession War
The Frost Maidens saw little action during the first decade of the Second Succession War, lowering their morale. Upon hearing of Jinjiro's "Chain-Gangs", they grew increasingly discontent with the actions of the Coordinator until finaly, in 2838, they got the chance they were waiting for - Yoguchi Kurita attached the ISF to the DCMS, an action they weren't happy with.
While the ISF was waging it's Shadow War against Yoguchi, they slowy gathered their families and prepared to set out into the periphery, leaving the increasingly insane Jinjiro, who they deemed unfit to rule, behind. They left the borders of the Draconis Combine in the later months of 2840, leaving no message behind. By the time they discovered that the Forst Maidens had turned ronin, they were well beyond any means of pursuit and all records of their existance was expunged. And the DCMS refused to accept any further women in their ranks until Theodore Kurita's reforms.
The first months of their journey went without problems. Eventually, they stumbled upon a group of colonies beset by pirates and, feeling sorry for the people, they drove the pirates away. Unable to offer much to their liberators, the colonies requested the Frost Maidens to stay and continue to defend them against attacks. In return, they would be allowed to rule over them.
- Tai-sa Kaori Aijou (Regimental Commander)
- Chu-sa ? (Commander 2nd Battalion)
- Chu-sa ? (Commander 3rd Battalion)
- Dai-i ? (Commander AeroSpace Wing)
Due to the lack of action during the Second Succession War, not much is known about the tactics that they favoured. The regiment make-up was fairly typical of the DCMS, with a large favour for light and heavy 'Mechs almost to the exclusion of medium and assault 'Mechs.
|1st Battalion HQ (Assault Battalion)||Battalion Supply Company|
|Battalion Command Lance||Tai-Sa Kaori Aijou MAD-3R-MOD, 3×MAD-3R|
|1st Company||Company Supply Train Platoon|
|2nd Company||Company Supply Train Platoon|
|3rd Company||Company Supply Train Platoon|
|2nd Battalion HQ (Support Battalion)||Battalion Supply Company|
|Battalion Command Lance||Chu-Sa ???? DRG-1N-MOD, 3×DRG-1N|
|4th Company||Company Supply Train Platoon|
|5th Company||Company Supply Train Platoon|
|6th Company||Company Supply Train Platoon|
|3rd Battalion HQ (Reconnaissance Battalion)||Battalion Supply Company|
|Battalion Command Lance||Chu-Sa ???? CGR-1A1-MOD, 3×CGR-1A1|
|7th Company||Company Supply Train Platoon|
|19th Lance||2×PNT-9R, 2×LCT-1E|
|8th Company||Company Supply Train Platoon|
|9th Company||Company Supply Train Platoon|
|Supply and Transport Company|
|Field Services Section|
|Combat Medical Support Company|
|Wing Command Lance||Dai-i ??? SL-26-MOD SL-26|
|1st Company (Medium Company)|
|2nd Company (Light Company)|
|3nd Company (Heavy Company)|
|Heavy Engineer Battalion|
|Evacuation Hospital Company|
- The MAD-3R-MOD Marauder removes the Autocannon/5 and replaces it with a single Medium Laser. The weight saved was used to install six additional Heat Sinks and increase its armour by two tons.
- The DRG-1N-MOD Dragon replaces the Autocannon/5 with a PPC, the LRM-10 was replaced with two SRM-4s and the rear-facing Medium Laser was changed to a forward-firing position. The remaining weight was used to install four additional Heat Sinks and increase its protection to eleven tons.
- The CGR-1A1-MOD Charger removes every Small Laser and replaces them with two arm-mounted Medium Lasers, increasing the armour by half a ton while doing so.
- The SL-26-MOD Samurai replaces the nose Medium Lasers with an ERPPC, and upgrades the remaining lasers the Pulse variants, downgrading the wing ER Large Lasers to mediums in the process. One heat sink was removed to accommendate the chanes.